Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bit of help needed

• 05-09-2012 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi all

to cut a long story short, am doing a charity event tomorrow and was planning on making Fairy cakes, (people will donate money to eat a cake) and it's my turn tomorrow only problem oven is broken, it's needed for tomorrow and I don't have to be in work till around 10.30 is there a bakery around Donaghmede/Rahney that I would be able to get say about 20/30 Fairy cakes or would they mind me ended up buying some cakes, don't want to look stupit saying I will do some when ended up like perfect type (bought cakes)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

I ask the local fish monger to gently toss me a few salmons so I can go home and honestly say I caught some fish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Make rice krispy buns. Doesn't need an oven, just a stove to melt the chocolate. Nobody turns up their noses at rice krispy buns. You can add small amounts of marshmallows too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭squrm

Make some rice crispie cakes/buns instead. No oven needed
    mtjm wrote: »
    Hi all

to cut a long story short, am doing a charity event tomorrow and was planning on making Fairy cakes, (people will donate money to eat a cake) and it's my turn tomorrow only problem oven is broken, it's needed for tomorrow and I don't have to be in work till around 10.30 is there a bakery around Donaghmede/Rahney that I would be able to get say about 20/30 Fairy cakes or would they mind me ended up buying some cakes, don't want to look stupit saying I will do some when ended up like perfect type (bought cakes)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Maybe biscuit cake?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Fcuk it rice crispie thingy will do knew I could rely on boadies, (any complains I'll direct them to you lot :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

You could throw in a few fruit smoothies or milk shakes as well. Easy enough to make, and it's supposed to be a nice day ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

squrm wrote: »
    Make some rice crispie cakes/buns instead. No oven needed

Toffee rice crispy cakes to be exact! Fookin delicious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

mtjm wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks

Best advice I could give you would be to take it either to the cookery or LGBTQ-XZ%78 forum. You won't get a serious answer in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

eth0 wrote: »
    I ask the local fish monger to gently toss me.............

Whats the address of this fish monger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Make rice crispy squares instead. The only danger is you'll end up eating them all because they're SO DELICIOUS!

1ZRed wrote: »
    Toffee rice crispy cakes to be exact! Fookin delicious!

OH MY GOD. I've never considered that. Why did I not think of it before!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Oven??

Very Celtic Tiger

Make rice crispy squares instead. The only danger is you'll end up eating them all because they're SO DELICIOUS!

OH MY GOD. I've never considered that. Why did I not think of it before!

And use white chocolate, they will be just...*drools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

You've all made me hungry now. Feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomtherobot

Don't bother any money you make will probably just go on the charity's CEO's salary or 'expenses'. At the very least you're just supporting the unregulated Irish charity sector which imho by and large prevents money going from those who need it.

Make some fairy cakes for someone who genuinely needs a lift and give it to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

U can make cake in a mug in a microwave...

dutopia wrote: »
    You've all made me hungry now. Feckers.

Did you ever try to dip fruit, like grapes, strawberries or cherries into melted chocolate and let the whole lot cool off in the fridge? Yummy :D

But please make sure to take the stones out of the cherries ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

You could make Malteser squares, caramel squares (using the ready made toffee stuff in a tin) or fifteens in addition to the rice krispie buns. Or you could always do a couple of cheesecakes and cut them into squares (just using the basi cream cheese, icing sugar and double cream mixture that you'd get online).

Good luck OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

You could always nip down to the supermarket in the morning, buy some fairy cakes and ready made topping/frosting(Betty Crocker brand is nice and I think both Dunnes and Tesco have it). Add some sprinkles, chocolate buttons, jelly tots to the topping and, voila.

*dont forget to give every second cake a bit of a "squish" when topping them, for the home-made affect :D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Lars1916 wrote: »
    And use white chocolate, they will be just...*drools*

F*ck the charity, stay at home and eat rice crispy squares all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭tomtherobot

U can make cake in a mug in a microwave...

Have you ever seen them in real life, my OH makes them, they look like **** in a mug....

• Advertisement
Advertisement