Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

selling or raffling a site

• 05-09-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

here is on for all you legal heads. I own a site with full planning on it. If i was to raffle it off instead of selling it i wouldnt have to sell a whole lot of tickets to get the price i need to get for it. Question: Is there anything legally preventing me from doing this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Hi there,
    I imagine that you would need to apply to the Garda superintendent in your area for a permit to hold the raffle.
    I bought a ticket last week for a raffle ran bt St. patricks GFC in Ardagh, longford. They have a website called www.winatractor.com with the following terms etc.

"The draw will take place on the last saturday of October 2012 in Ardagh
    Co.Longford Ireland . Result will be 1 outright prize winner which includes the 1964 John Deere 310 Lanz tractor and a VIP return trip for two to Mannheim Germany ex Dublin including accomodation and transfers . Tickets are priced at €5.00 each with a book of 6 tickets for €20.00 . If you purchase on line by pay pal the rate will be €5.00 per ticket in your original currency. Ticket numbers will be allocated to online purchasers and a confirmation email will be sent once payment has been processed. There are no limits to the amount of tickets one can purchase . Delivery of the prize will be arranged to any Irish destination or if won overseas to your port or airport of choice. Any fees or handling charges will be paid by the winning ticket holder if the prize is leaving the country. In the event of the winner not wishing to accept the tractor they can avail of a €5000 cash alternative. The VIP trip for two is ex Dublin and no costs associated with any prizewinner travelling to Dublin from anywhere else will be covered . We will however try and facilitate any prizewinner with travel arrangements to Germany from any other area. Good luck to all and thanks for your support.
    Ardagh St.Patricks GAA club Ardagh Co.Longford Ireland.
    Permit granted by An Garda Siochana Ireland."

You would, I imagine, need to carefully outline the terms and conditions. what happens if you price tickets at €100 and only sell 100 of them?
    The draw would have to proceed and someone gets the site , while you get €10,000?
    M in Cavan

Advertisement