Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM-only PAYG/30 days recommendations with mainly data pls

Options
  • 05-09-2012 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm about to start work in the Ireland for 6 months and wondered what good deals people know of for SIM-only.

I have an Galaxy S3 so don't need a phone.

I like to surf the net on my phone, and I don't have to make that many calls/texts.

I'll be working in Dublin and either living there or living along the DART line (I guess accommodation is another question for another thread ;) ).

I guess my current usage (in the UK) is around 500Mb/100mins/100texts a month.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

3 prepay.

15GB data a month.
    Free texts to any network
    Free 3 to 3 calls.

All the above with 20 euro top up per month, you simply wont beat it. Coverage is grand in Dublin too.

All you'll need to do is pick up a sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shaggydabbydo

3 prepay.

15GB data a month.
    Free texts to any network
    Free 3 to 3 calls.

All the above with 20 euro top up per month, you simply wont beat it. Coverage is grand in Dublin too.

All you'll need to do is pick up a sim card.

Blimey, that was quick! Thanks! :D

So for €20/month I get 15GB/Free texts to anyone in Ireland [what about to the UK?/Free to 3 to 3 calls in Ireland ?

Do you know if 3 allow Skype to be used on their SIMs? I've heard some operators block VoiP apps :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shaggydabbydo

Awesome. Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭pigeon999

Three even have their own Skype app! Sorry about no link. And I'm using Viber on their network with no problems. A tip though when you go over your 30 days TURN OFF YOUR DATA!!!! Three charge you 99 cent per megabyte so watch out for that!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement