Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you get exam papers in fifth year.?

• 05-09-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi, just wondering if I should buy exam papers in fifth year.? Or should I wait till sixth year. But I don't really see a point in waiting just for one more year in the exam papers you know.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Hi, just wondering if I should buy exam papers in fifth year.? Or should I wait till sixth year. But I don't really see a point in waiting just for one more year in the exam papers you know.?

I got them in 5th year for Irish and French. They are good in those years to work with tapes and also maybe some comprehensions. They get you ready for LC as you will be doing oral work next year and won't have time for exam papers really. Some teachers want their class to get biology ones so they have ALL the questions done about 6 times!

If you can afford it, I'd get them in some subjects for practice and just general study! It won't deteriorate your work, only ameliorate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Well if you buy them in 5th year, it's kind of a waste cause you're going to have to buy them AGAIN in 6th year, when you'll actually need them in class? Doesn't make sense buying them in 5th year unless you intend on studying with them throughout the year.. IMO it doesn't seem necessary tbh but go ahead if you feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭moosemann0001

ChemHickey wrote: »

I got them in 5th year for Irish and French. They are good in those years to work with tapes and also maybe some comprehensions. They get you ready for LC as you will be doing oral work next year and won't have time for exam papers really. Some teachers want their class to get biology ones so they have ALL the questions done about 6 times!

If you can afford it, I'd get them in some subjects for practice and just general study! It won't deteriorate your work, only ameliorate.
    Thanks ChemHickey.!!! Ill probs get French and Irish soon and study. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

You could also go on examinations.ie and get a few papers there and work on those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I think what dory suggested is better, chances are you won't be able to do most of the exam papers yet and in the case of maths it's not even relevant to your year (well, not wholly relevant). I never had English exam papers because so many are just not relevant, but Irish would be good for samples if you're eager, and French is handy too I guess. :)
    But with things like geography I don't see much point. They're cheap enough anyway so maybe buy one set and see if you find it useful. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jsmscork

From a teacher's perspective, I use the OL papers with my fifth years and progress to the HL ones in sixth year.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Yep definitely should unless the course is going to change :) You'll only miss 2013's papers and even then it won't be a big job to print them off examinations.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭moosemann0001

JeaicMaG wrote: »
    Yep definitely should unless the course is going to change :) You'll only miss 2013's papers and even then it won't be a big job to print them off examinations.ie.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Some teachers might ask you to get them in 5th year. I know in the case of biology and chemistry we were working from papers from the beginning, and when it came to 6th year the teachers just printed off 2011's papers for us.

Advertisement