Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics for LC

• 05-09-2012 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I took up Economics this year and i'm just wondering about the exam papers. I know the layout as in Section A has 9 Q's, answer 6 and Section B has 8 Q's, answer 4. What I don't know is if there are guranteed topics to come up ? As in, is there a certain chapter which HAS to come up, or that comes up every year? I heard there are 4 Q's each on Microeconomics and Macroeconomics in section B.. Is this true? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Well Q.1 is always demand and supply with other stuff mixed in at times.
    Q.2 is always market structures whether it's perfect/imperfect/monopoly/oligopoly.

These are the certain ones. The other ones are not set in stone (neither are the above two but they always come up) so if you have a browse thru the marking schemes you will realise which topics come up most often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 jsmscork

Factors of Production is a guaranteed long question.

There are not always 4 Micro and 4 Macro (2005 for example) although in the last couple of years there have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

jsmscork wrote: »
    Factors of Production is a guaranteed long question.

No, unfortunately they're not. I can't remember the exact year but I think it may have been 2007 or around there, no factor of production appeared on the paper.

NOTHING is guaranteed in Economics except a Market Structure questions which HAS to appear every year as I read in a Chief Examiners report years ago.

Be weary though, they have started mixing market structures in recent years! i.e. 2012, 2010..

Advertisement