Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Gym

Options
  • 05-09-2012 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭

First i know you probably get a lot of threads like this but i did a search and none are recent so my apologies

I moved here a month ago, i'm in the dublin 2 area and im surprised at the lack of decent gyms around. especially with the prices they charge. i mainly use free weights and do a bit of cardio. don't care about classes or swimming etc.

at the moment i think RAW is the best for me however when i went for a trial i was shocked by how terrible their locker room was. there was about 6 lockers in total from what i could see.

has anyone any suggestions? or advice for me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

EyeSight wrote: »
    First i know you probably get a lot of threads like this but i did a search and none are recent so my apologies

I moved here a month ago, i'm in the dublin 2 area and im surprised at the lack of decent gyms around. especially with the prices they charge. i mainly use free weights and do a bit of cardio. don't care about classes or swimming etc.

at the moment i think RAW is the best for me however when i went for a trial i was shocked by how terrible their locker room was. there was about 6 lockers in total from what i could see.

westwood has a lot on offer but costs about a grand a year. there is a gym near parnell square where you pay per visit and only has weights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

I used to be a member of Raw when I lived in Rathmines. The locker rooms are pretty poor to be honest but the weights area is the best you can get in D2.

As an alternative, consider Flyefit in Ranelagh. Decent, clean locker rooms although the weights area is no where near as extensive as Raw's. Lots of cardio equipment too if you are into that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

EyeSight wrote: »

Crunch Aston Quay was good, not sure what they charge now. Also large GYM opening in Harolds Cross soon. €199 .10,000 SQF

Advertisement