Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car fire bombed in my flats

• 05-09-2012 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭

Heard a noise and thought it was thunder, turns out to be this

B02DB44D540C4F4289E3CB8F4C7C9BDA-0000316428-0003001810-00800L-5C4E65E155DB476B936F1906B3697DBC.jpg

it then rolled forward on it's own and blocked the car park exit

DDD4183128894CE5A7E31A26C06BF742-0000316428-0003001807-00800L-B03004A51C1746FFA25FF70A48B25683.jpg

This was the 3rd explosion
    6F2976571FAD4D97B2771906E85E9A49-0000316428-0003001806-00800L-06BEE64274994458A8F196A89635CD2E.jpg

Rest of the pics here..

http://pix.ie/punkrock/album/450033/goto/3001806

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Where the hell do you live?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

What makes you think this wasn't an accident?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

very dramatic pictures great colours, sad for the owner though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

kippy wrote: »

Car's don't just explode....and I have posted pics of cars and even camper vans petrol bombed here, hell I have even posted pics of a dead junkie and a homeless guy who both died in this flats complex too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,798 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Car's don't just explode....and I have posted pics of cars and even camper vans petrol bombed here, hell I have even posted pics of a dead junkie and a homeless guy who both died in this flats complex too :p

Cars do catch fire and subsequently explode as a result.

However based on past history you've just given me, I'll assume you are right.
    I'd also consider moving.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"How do we lure the guy with the expensive camera equipment out?"
    "I know... let's set a car on fire!"

:o

Great pics, though. But yeah - move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

There were fireworks in that some great shots.

If car was in gear wouldnt have moved but handbrake looks like would have failed due to the handle failing(melting)

Where abouts was this?

I am here one way or the other since the early 80s, 99% of nights nothing happens and the pics were taken from my balcony, I even had the luxury of changing lens to have the ones best suited for a few diff shots.

Where abouts was this?

2 mins from the Ilac centre in dublin 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

Maybe someone doesnt like golfs or maybe the owner.

Bad though imagine the damage could have been done to all the cars parked near by if it didnt roll off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Explodes...... Just like a Golf.

Bad though imagine the damage could have been done to all the cars parked near by if it didnt roll off.

This has happened b4 and is always a worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Sponge25

Wanna bet!? :P

I seen an old car years ago driving down the road and it caught fire and blew up, barmen was out with fire extinguisher etc. Think it was an FIAT Panda! :)

Man don't be telling me these things, ya have me searching your server for pics of dead junkies.

(Joke!)

In the first pic... if you just glance at it... to the left of the blazing flames there is the appearance of a face in the smoke. a female face! :eek:

Your mind tries to make sense of things by suggesting things that aren't there.

There is no such thing as an entity in smoke!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭strokeslover

It was a lovely car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

kippy wrote: »

stolen cars used in robberies are usually burn out - its pretty rare to have someones car targeted & firebombed, but then I don't know or live there - what do you reckon Janer, stolen ?

Are modern cars easy to steal these days? I haven't heard of someone taking a vehicle away in modern times. I've heard of smash-and-grabs etc.

Sponge25 wrote: »
    Are modern cars easy to steal these days? I haven't heard of someone taking a vehicle away in modern times. I've heard of smash-and-grabs etc.
    Much harder but ofc can still be done.

• Advertisement

thebaz wrote: »
    stolen cars used in robberies are usually burn out - its pretty rare to have someones car targeted & firebombed, but then I don't know or live there - what do you reckon Janer, stolen ?

We have had cars and even a mobile home van done twice which were all either set on fire for the insurance or maliciously done....this particular car I haven't noticed here b4 but then again I don't pay that much attention.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Sponge25 wrote: »
    Wanna bet!? :P

I seen an old car years ago driving down the road and it caught fire
    it's one thing for a car with a running engine to catch fire, quite another for a car to burst into flames with a cold engine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

was that airbags cooking off in the last pic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

thebaz wrote: »

They don't usually park stolen cars in residential car parks in the middle of the city and set them on fire - that's usually done on a quiet road, to be away from witnesses, CCTV, etc. To get into the car park, they would have had to come in the laneway you can see behind the car. Why not just stop there and burn it out, instead of making the turn onto the car park and maneuvering into a space? The no parking sign you can see in the pics wouldn't have stopped them :D

When I was a kid, there were a couple of cars firebombed where I grew up. Vendettas against their owners for one reason or another. And I didn't live in a bad area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

was that airbags cooking off in the last pic?

ya i wondered about that, i thought of fireworks but you are probably right the explosive cartridge in the airbag going off

3rd pic won twixie TotD on Pixie :cool:

http://pix.ie/PunkRock/3001806#Comment703679

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I read the plate as 06-D-29299. Which should be a z4? Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Where's those CSI dudes when you need them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

MarkR wrote: »
    I read the plate as 06-D-29299. Which should be a z4? Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Where's those CSI dudes when you need them?

I read 06-D-29289

Registration 06D29289
    Make VOLKSWAGEN
    Model GOLF
    Description 1.9 TDI SPORT 105BHP
    Fuel Type DIESEL

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

inforfun wrote: »
    I read 06-D-29289

Registration 06D29289
    Make VOLKSWAGEN
    Model GOLF
    Fuel Type DIESEL

Enhance

Enhance

Ohhh look I can see a fingerprint.

• Advertisement

Nah.. was a little bit easier.
    9th picture, original size and then call Stevie Wonder to read out the license plate.
    cartell.ie did the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Light Switch

Any updates on what exactly happened OP?

Was it definately fire-bombed or just go on it's own? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 110 ✭✭the_djoker

inforfun wrote: »
    I read 06-D-29289

Registration 06D29289
    Make VOLKSWAGEN
    Model GOLF
    Fuel Type DIESEL

Where do you get this info ?

cartell.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

look at the no parking sign, almost leaning away like "f-this I'm out of here". :)

lololol Lisa, makes little sense but also it does, I also Lol'd lots.

• Advertisement
Advertisement