Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My routine any thoughts.

Options
  • 05-09-2012 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

So I went thru a break up with gf, which as before turned off my need to eat, was eating only because I should. Got as light as 71.5kgs I am 35 and 5 11.
    I want to put back on weight, I was 76kgs 2 months ago, always found it hard to break thru 76kgs.
    But I was not working out like I am now, was bit more hit and miss my workouts.
    I am doing 4 days in the gym each and every week now. I am job hunting so no job= plenty of nrg and time for gym.
    I do 2 day split, upper body 2 days a week, legs and stomach the other 2 days.

Monday/ Thurs
    Dumb bell bench press 4set of 8 reps. same weight

Chins 4sets of 8reps

Dips 10 reps just body weight, 10 reps 10kgs added, 10 reps 15kgs added(adding 2.5 to both 2nd and 3rd set per gym visit, wanted break from shoulder press for a month or two)

Row single are bent over dumbbell, 4sets of 8reps

Skull crushers 2 sets of 15 reps

Bicep curls dumbbells 2 sets of 15 reps

Tues/Fri

Squats 4sets of 12 reps same weight all 4 as heavy as i can go.

Laying Leg Curls 4 sets of 12reps

Seated Leg Extensions 4 sets of 12 reps

Tues Power Clean 3 sets of 5 reps
    Fri Deal Lifts sets of 5 reps

Tues/Fri Stomach/core
    1 Side crunches 20kg plate 5 sets 20reps by two sides
    2 Planks while moving 6 2.5kg plates from side to side, 20 reps by 5 sets
    3 Twists, ass on floor feet off floor, medicine ball side to side, 20reps 5 sets.
    I do these 1,2,3 no break between then after all 3 take break and repeat until all 5 sets done.

Food (were I really fall down)
    breakfast rice crispys 3 fried eggs no yokes, cup of tea few biscuits
    Lunch " potatoes , 2 eggs chicken or steak
    Evening meal mac donalds big mac meal/chinese beef take away with rice, shepherds pie, etc. washed down everyday with a pint of whole milk.

So go easy on my guys.
    I am stretching a lot, getting 9 hrs sleep a night.
    Cardio, I hike once a week 2 hrs/walk fast 2hrs/Squash 1hr. or whatever is happening cardio with friends or family I'll do, but don't really worry about my cardio so much.
    My goal is to break thru 76kgs without putting on too much fat, as I am quite lean now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭scrumqueen

abceire wrote: »
    So I went thru a break up with gf, which as before turned off my need to eat, was eating only because I should. Got as light as 71.5kgs I am 35 and 5 11.
    I want to put back on weight, I was 76kgs 2 months ago, always found it hard to break thru 76kgs.
    But I was not working out like I am now, was bit more hit and miss my workouts.
    I am doing 4 days in the gym each and every week now. I am job hunting so no job= plenty of nrg and time for gym.
    I do 2 day split, upper body 2 days a week, legs and stomach the other 2 days.

Monday/ Thurs
    Dumb bell bench press 4set of 8 reps. same weight

Chins 4sets of 8reps

Dips 10 reps just body weight, 10 reps 10kgs added, 10 reps 15kgs added(adding 2.5 to both 2nd and 3rd set per gym visit, wanted break from shoulder press for a month or two)

Row single are bent over dumbbell, 4sets of 8reps

Skull crushers 2 sets of 15 reps

Bicep curls dumbbells 2 sets of 15 reps

Tues/Fri

Squats 4sets of 12 reps same weight all 4 as heavy as i can go.

Laying Leg Curls 4 sets of 12reps

Seated Leg Extensions 4 sets of 12 reps

Tues Power Clean 3 sets of 5 reps
    Fri Deal Lifts sets of 5 reps

Tues/Fri Stomach/core
    1 Side crunches 20kg plate 5 sets 20reps by two sides
    2 Planks while moving 6 2.5kg plates from side to side, 20 reps by 5 sets
    3 Twists, ass on floor feet off floor, medicine ball side to side, 20reps 5 sets.
    I do these 1,2,3 no break between then after all 3 take break and repeat until all 5 sets done.

Food (were I really fall down)
    breakfast rice crispys 3 fried eggs no yokes, cup of tea few biscuits
    Lunch " potatoes , 2 eggs chicken or steak
    Evening meal mac donalds big mac meal/chinese beef take away with rice, shepherds pie, etc. washed down everyday with a pint of whole milk.

So go easy on my guys.
    I am stretching a lot, getting 9 hrs sleep a night.
    Cardio, I hike once a week 2 hrs/walk fast 2hrs/Squash 1hr. or whatever is happening cardio with friends or family I'll do, but don't really worry about my cardio so much.
    My goal is to break thru 76kgs without putting on too much fat, as I am quite lean now.

GOMAD

Squats and Milk, good place to start, for more info on nutrional basics, read the stickies here

70s BIG also have a good bit on how to get a clean eating rotine established. http://70sbig.com/blog/2011/08/improving-diet/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Cheers, I 'll check them out, I tried GOMAD before I think , or some kind of lots milk routine, I just was no able for the milk, after few days my stomach said no thanks, a pint a day after workouts seems fine.

P.s. I also do calf raises, for front and back of that part of the leg.

Advertisement