Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen's Green - Gardener's Cottage

Options
  • 05-09-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I've been trying to find some info on the building on the corner of Saint Stephens Green park, Ardilaun Lodge / Gardener's Cottage? Does anyone know why it was built? I think it may have been used to house the garden / superintendant. Is there anyone living there now or what is it used for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

The cottage was built for the park superintendent, as far as I know it is still occupied by the superintendent. Some information on the history of the park here page 20 refers to the architectural detail of the cottage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brendankilkenny

That's the best article I've seen, thanks. Good detail. I'm surprised the superintendent is still resident. Not a bad perk of the job!
    F.R. wrote: »
    The cottage was built for the park superintendent, as far as I know it is still occupied by the superintendent. Some information on the history of the park here page 20 refers to the architectural detail of the cottage.

Advertisement