Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are your parents happy?

• 06-09-2012 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭

(If your parents are still together....) Do you think your parents are happy together? Do you ever get the feeling that either your mother/father is unhappy, in some ways at least, because of the other?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

No, they split up when I was 7 :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

They are both dead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Lia_lia wrote: »
    No, they split up when I was 7 :o

It was all your fault tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Sam Kade wrote: »
    They are both dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

One of them died suddenly at a young age so I think they are both pretty pissed about that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

No not happy at all, they never were. They were married in a time when you had to get married to the first person who showed any interest in ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

They're somewhere between Mary and John from Father Ted, and Homer and Marge Simpson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Ya, there to happy, The ould folks have sex every night. It does get annoying on school nights though as I get no sleep from all the racket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

brummytom wrote: »
    They're somewhere between Mary and John from Father Ted, and Homer and Marge Simpson.

That covers a hell of a lot of Married parents I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

They're asleep
    So hold on il wake them up and ask them just for your sake

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I think so. My dad has been married twice, so I think he appreciates the importance of marrying for the right reasons now. I mean they have their bad days, but they still remember each other's birthdays, celebrate Valentine's Day together, spend nights in watching tv and cook each other meals and such. It's definitely not a completely cold, marriage of convenience kind of deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

They're asleep
    So hold on il wake them up and ask them just for your sake

I wouldn't, they may well have mastered the act of silent sex.
    Then you would be all :eek::o and jaysus that would be awful!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Fibrescale

Yes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Happiest couple ever. It's so cute. End of thos month we are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. Yeah they have their little tiffs but if everyone got on all the time then life be boring. My parents rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

My mam lost her love just on ten years ago. Despite the usual shoite and arguments that happened within a family (with many, many siblings), they loved each other. My mam is a tough woman and my dad was the quietest man. It really is true, opposites attract. If I could be half the man my dad was and just as tough as my mother is, then I hope I can put some things to right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

yes. they're with the Satan now. may they (let) rip

Advertisement