Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much am I looking at? (grant)

• 06-09-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

I've sent off all the required documentation over a month ago but I'd like to know how much to expect from the maintainence grant. I'm "Adjacent" and have a family annual income of 25k. We all have medical cards, social welfare and all the rest.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Nicole.

I've sent off all the required documentation over a month ago but I'd like to know how much to expect from the maintainence grant. I'm "Adjacent" and have a family annual income of 25k. We all have medical cards, social welfare and all the rest.
    Cheers.

Hi, it depends on how many dependents are in your family but this link should explain it: http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/education/third_level_education/fees_and_supports_for_third_level_education/maintenance_grant_schemes_for_students_on_third_level_courses.html#l62fd2
    It looks like you'll get around 1,215 euro. It's in monthly installments though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

I'm the only child, so 1 dependent?

I'm the only child, so 1 dependent?

Yeah, I think I'm correct then.

and do you know when the first Installment generally comes?

This is the info I got from the student grant topic on Leaving cert boards:

Payment 1 19th October 2012
    Payment 2 23rd November 2012
    Payment 3 21sth December 2012

• Advertisement

Nicole. wrote: »

This is the info I got from the student grant topic on Leaving cert boards:

Payment 1 19th October 2012
    Payment 2 23rd November 2012
    Payment 3 21sth December 2012

Oh so it's all done in three instalments? That's Abit strange, I thought it was monthly. Not complaining though. :)
    Cheers for all the help!

Oh so it's all done in three instalments? That's Abit strange, I thought it was monthly. Not complaining though. :)
    Cheers for all the help!

No, sorry for the confusion, those are the only dates released yet for the grant payments. It will be monthly, we just don't know any more info on what dates in those months yet. Sorry again!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭bobjimmy

How do you know if your full or part maintenance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Student Finance forum is probably the best one for these queries.

Advertisement