Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thank you AnCatDubh

• 06-09-2012 1:41am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I have said this privately ..... but think it should also be noted publicly.

AnCatDubh has been a Moderator here since 2008 and then also a CMod for the Arts Category for a couple of years.

Thank you for all the time and effort you have put into this forum & category. There can be a fair bit of time required behind the scenes at times to keep things moving along smoothly.

I know you will not be leaving us, so it;s not Good Bye.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Big big thanks for all your help and wise words too. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

thanks for all your work as a mod! though i am sorry to see you step down! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

+1
    Tommy has helped me out in the past with lenses too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Quitter!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

cheers Tommy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I'm a lurker in the Photography forum and would like to voice my thanks also, the behind the scenes work that happens is typically under estimated by those who have not been involved as a mod, then add on category mod work which is mostly behind the scenes and you can really appreciate the contribution made.

I often wonder how mods remain sane:) you have my gratitude.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you should let him permaban anyone who has annoyed him as a final gift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

From 1 Wicklow guy to another, Good Luck Tommy. Many thanks for all your input.
    .....output

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ahhh shucks folks,

now will a mod please close this thread before people start saying something nasty about me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

But you will still be coming up with bright ideas (revival of hbw, boards24/7 mag etc etc) that make go out and take pictures, right? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Thanks for all your hard work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Thanks Tommy for steering me in the right direction when I veered a bit wayward at times:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Never liked him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Tallon wrote: »
    Never liked him :D

Nah, me neither ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

After all these years he must have finally been found out. He can't keep hiding a secret THAT big forever :D

Despite all that you've been a pretty good bollox mod over the years. No doubt you'll be still online or seen up the town. ( Now to find something on that Aussie ;) )

Cheers

Advertisement