Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owen Garvan

• 06-09-2012 2:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭

As a Palace supporter I am probably bias but I think he has been our best performer so far this season. He is only 24 so has a lot of football left in him.

In my opinion he should be in the Ireland squad, he is naturally talented distributor of the ball.

What do you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

"What do you think?"

Personally I think you might get more of a response here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056455049

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

No. If he is outstanding for a full season then maybe it will become a meaningful debate. Seems to have stagnated, looked like he was destined for the Premier League after getting so much football at such a young age. A bit like Chris McCann but without the injuries.

Hopefully Jeff Hendrick doesn't go the same way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

kryogen wrote: »
    "What do you think?"

Personally I think you might get more of a response here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056455049

cheers I'm new to soccer forum so I'v posted to there now

He's going to get a lot of football this season, he finished well last season and now has cemented his place, in club which is pretty much a stepping stone to prem clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Garvan's a funny one. At Ipswich it looked like he had all the potential to go on and be a mainstay in the middle of the park for a decade but he seemed to just disappear.

Thought he was younger than 24 and I'd be of the opinion that if he hasn't even been a consideration for Trap up to now he won't be for this qualifying campaign. After that he'll be 26 and international football could well have bypassed him.

• Advertisement

Trap has called him up before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

toc2012 wrote: »
    As a Palace supporter I am probably bias but I think he has been our best performer so far this season. He is only 24 so has a lot of football left in him.

In my opinion he should be in the Ireland squad, he is naturally talented distributor of the ball.

What do you think?

Surely you know by now that players who are naturally talented footballers and who keep/pass the ball well, have no place in Trapattoni's squad. Unless you're a hatchet man, long ball merchant or chaser of lost causes, then you're surplus to requirements. See Andy Reid, Liam Lawrence, James McCarthy, Darron Gibson, etc.

Because god forbid Ireland might actually keep hold of the ball.

Garvan has been very good for Palace so far, I know he set up your first goal against Wednesday at the weekend. Himself and Wilfrid Zaha seem to be your shining lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭TerryTibbs!

grenache wrote: »
    Surely you know by now that players who are naturally talented footballers and who keep/pass the ball well, have no place in Trapattoni's squad. Unless you're a hatchet man, long ball merchant or chaser of lost causes, then you're surplus to requirements. See Andy Reid, Liam Lawrence, James McCarthy, Darron Gibson, etc.

Because god forbid Ireland might actually keep hold of the ball.

Garvan has been very good for Palace so far, I know he set up your first goal against Wednesday at the weekend. Himself and Wilfrid Zaha seem to be your shining lights.
    Would like to offer you the secretary position of the ''I hate on Trap but don't realise how bad we would be without him but mouth anyway club''

It is all yours.

Damian Delaney (another Irish man), moritz and Bolasie will also be big part of our season, but Delaney looked comfortable and strong at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Saw Garvan play for Irish under 21's few years ago when Ireland lost 3-1 to England and despite the defeat was the best player on the pitch, including the English players. He didn't seem to really push on at Ipswich as I thought he would, I've heard people say his physicality in a game let's him down a bit, but good to hear he's been doing well at Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

toc2012 wrote: »
    Damian Delaney (another Irish man), moritz and Bolasie will also be big part of our season, but Delaney looked comfortable and strong at the back
    What's the story with Darren Ambrose, is he injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What's the story with Darren Ambrose, is he injured?

He's at Birmingham now. Injured would have been better though :pac:

Advertisement