Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 26/27), Sept 7-10, 2012

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Thanks. Listening to the match now :)

Any idea, how many Shels supporters ar in Tallaght?

100 I reckon

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Should have thrown the money directly into the bin, instead of putting it on Shels. Shamrock 1:0 up :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

1:0 Rovers, a beautifully timed through ball near the half-way line for Kilduff to run onto, leaving him to easily round the keeper outside the box and slot into an empty net.

1:0 Rovers, a beautifully timed through ball near the half-way line for Kilduff to run onto, leaving him to easily round the keeper outside the box and slot into an empty net.

It's Chris Bennion, we are talking about. From all I know, even three legged dog could easily round him :mad:

Jansson rightly fuming at his defence as they let Paddy Kavanagh alone and onside to leave him one on one and slot home. 1:1

Jansson rightly fuming at his defence as they let Paddy Kavanagh alone and onside to leave him one on one and slot home. 1:1

:D

Bohs 2, Pats 3
    Bray 2, Drgheda 2
    Derry 0, Cork 1
    Dundalk 1, UCD 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

:D

Bohs 2, Pats 3
    Bray 1, Drgheda 3
    Derry 0, Cork 1
    Dundalk 1, UCD 1

Drogs won 1-3

Sives took his time clearing in the right back position only to knock it off Paddy Kavanagh, it rebounded into the box where Philly Gorman was on his own to chip Jansson. 1:2 Shels, Philly Hughes has just replaced Gorman.

JokerD wrote: »
    Drogs won 1-3

Misread it on Extratime.ie, I guess :(

Equalizer in Tallaght...:(

• Advertisement

Ronan Finn, outside the box, low into the bottom left corner 2:2

Ronan Finn, outside the box, low into the bottom left corner 2:2

How many times were Shels not able to hold on to a lead this season? That's disappointing :(

The only Shels match I was at this season against UCD and the ref/ linesman did ye there.

The only Shels match I was at this season against UCD and the ref/ linesman did ye there.

Must be the same ref, who didn't give you a penno a minute ago ;)

Sives just tackled Kavanagh on the line, should've been 3:2 to Shels.

Sives just tackled Kavanagh on the line, should've been 3:2 to Shels.

Ah well...2:2 in the end, I guess, Shamrock Rovers lost 2 points (since home advantage) and I lost a Tenner. Could all be worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Thanks, Shels :)

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Thanks, Shels :)

I start thinking, Shels make everyone happy, bar their own supporters :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

FFS Shels.:mad:

Cost me €1k

On a positive note City won in Derry.

Garry Buckley...the kids a bit special.:pac::pac::pac:

FFS Shels.:mad:

Cost me €1k

On a positive note City won in Derry.

Garry Buckley...the kids a bit special.:pac::pac::pac:

What? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yet another reason to love them eh!

Delighted with the win tonight. Hope there are more kids blooded before the end of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What? :eek:

Russia
    Ireland:rolleyes:
    Holland
    Belgium
    Rovers
    Limerick
    Waterford
    Limerick
    Pats

€40 @ c.25/1 = :(

Russia
    Holland
    Belgium
    Rovers
    Limerick
    Waterford
    Limerick
    Pats

I was quite lucky indeed, I only lost a Tenner...13/2 it was for a Shel's win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mad game in Dalymount, Bohs threw everything at us. Honestly dont think either keeper made a save of note. Only times they had anything to do was pick the ball out of the net. We played well bohs were up for it BUT......

Evan Mc Millan up front for the entire game, Bohs can fcuk right off. Aaron Crappatoni the master football coach plays Evan Mc Millan one of the leagues best Centre backs up front for the entire game, fcuk off tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Mad game in Dalymount, Bohs threw everything at us. Honestly dont think either keeper made a save of note. Only times they had anything to do was pick the ball out of the net. We played well bohs were up for it BUT......

Evan Mc Millan up front for the entire game, Bohs can fcuk right off. Aaron Crappatoni the master football coach plays Evan Mc Millan one of the leagues best Centre backs up front for the entire game, fcuk off tbh.

He's also our best centre forward. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Rovers aren't very good. That surprised me. We should have beat them at the end and we are REALLY bad so that's not saying much for Stephen Kenny's highly paid massive squad.

Madworld wrote: »
    He's also our best centre forward. :o

lovely touch for his goal but feck off. Like the look of Feehly(sp?) and Ward, we will take them thanks feeder club lads. Our brazilian looks handy too.

lol @ shels fans in this thread, rovers are not very good but all of their players are better than yours so matthews must have done something right. Now be bollixed for monday cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

lovely touch for his goal but feck off. Like the look of Feehly(sp?) and Ward, we will take them thanks feeder club lads. Our brazilian looks handy too.

lol @ shels fans in this thread, rovers are not very good but all of their players are better than yours so matthews must have done something right. Now be bollixed for monday cheers.

yeah everyone else we have played up there have been dire when we play mcmillian up front we look alot more dangerous and you have to admit his goal was out of this world.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Entertaining game between us an Pats. Great goal for the winner.

McMillan played fantastic up front but obviously we suffered at the back as a result. New guy we played up front with him, Kevin Devaney, played well too.

Starting to look nervously over our shoulder at the teams catching up with us.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Kevin was in school with me. He'll do well for ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

CSF wrote: »
    Rovers aren't very good. That surprised me. We should have beat them at the end and we are REALLY bad so that's not saying much for Stephen Kenny's highly paid massive squad.
    We weren't that bad tonight - bad - but not v Derry last week bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Russia
    Holland
    Belgium
    Rovers
    Limerick
    Waterford
    Limerick
    Pats

might as well have picked limerick 8 times

236-01.gif

more goals, less draws.

Fair play Sligo.

Have to say, fair play Drogheda. Every week I expect them to slip up and finally be out of the race but its not happening. Love to see them get Europe.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Have to say, fair play Drogheda. Every week I expect them to slip up and finally be out of the race but its not happening. Love to see them get Europe.

Barring one of the not top 4 winning the cup, they have it.

I personally wouldnt like to see them or any other LOI team get Europe because we are all **** at it. And next season is a biggie, we ****ed if we dont win at least 3 rounds between us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Great win for UCD.

Match tonight...it was a comfortable first half for Rovers. McCabe should've been sent off. 2nd half Sullivan let Kavanagh go and did so again at the end and Sives was remarkably poor for the second goal once Gorman blocked off the ball back to Jansson.

Four well taken goals, poor defending for each of them. Sligo will win the league because they can win regularly at home. Derry can't, Rovers can't, Shels can't, Bohs can't, UCD. It's suiting teams' styles and perhaps the lack of ability upfront to play away from home.

dfx- wrote: »
    Great win for UCD.

Match tonight...it was a comfortable first half for Rovers. McCabe should've been sent off. 2nd half Sullivan let Kavanagh go and did so again at the end and Sives was remarkably poor for the second goal once Gorman blocked off the ball back to Jansson.

Four well taken goals, poor defending for each of them. Sligo will win the league because they can win regularly at home. Derry can't, Rovers can't, Shels can't, Bohs can't, UCD. It's suiting teams' styles and perhaps the lack of ability upfront to play away from home.

So Shamrock Rovers are **** again and back where they belong, grand.

Best of luck with your fan run team, totally working out.

Barring one of the not top 4 winning the cup, they have it.

I personally wouldnt like to see them or any other LOI team get Europe because we are all **** at it. And next season is a biggie, we ****ed if we dont win at least 3 rounds between us.
    A holiday in a random country and getting to watch a game in shorts and t-shirt is all European football really amounts to. Thats enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Hahaha, Pat's are playing mediocre football for the first time in years. Mahon and Kenna both played shíte football. Ironic from Set Piece Athletic to pontificate about a team who plays their centre back up front.

He's by far our best striker, he has great feet and has a good finish.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

BOHtox wrote: »
    Hahaha, Pat's are playing mediocre football for the first time in years. Mahon and Kenna both played shíte football. Ironic from Set Piece Athletic to pontificate about a team who plays their centre back up front.

Pats must have won:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BOHtox wrote: »

He's by far our best striker, he has great feet and has a good finish.

That's part of your legacy from cheating yourselves to titles you's weren't actually entitled to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

monkey9 wrote: »
    That's part of your legacy from cheating yourselves to titles you's weren't actually entitled to.

To making plastic medals for your team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

That 3 points makes table look bit better.

Good win in Derry, as not expecting much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well we were not overly bad last night but for Rice's legs clearly going from the hour mark and Sives doing his best to give them the win I thought we looked good in places.

That said congratulations to the shels fans who embarrassed themselves last night. 3 arrested in the ground according to a mate who was a gardai on duty there last night. Well done lads, a credit to your club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭shanec1928

iregk wrote: »
    Well we were not overly bad last night but for Rice's legs clearly going from the hour mark and Sives doing his best to give them the win I thought we looked good in places.

That said congratulations to the shels fans who embarrassed themselves last night. 3 arrested in the ground according to a mate who was a gardai on duty there last night. Well done lads, a credit to your club.
    take of your blinkers for a minute. I am guessing you have never seen your supporters fight between each other away from home are embarrass them selfs by invading pitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

In fairness it was just a few lads who over celebrated that goal.

They got ****ed out, rightly so.

Nobody died.

No need to try and make out there was some kind of trouble :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dub XV wrote: »

Nobody died.

Especially a Rovers fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Today FM confuse me.

Dub XV wrote: »

Nobody died.

You get arrested for over celebrating a goal? May I have more details please?

Or are you only allowed to stand up and clap your hands a few times, when your team scores a goal in a derby match? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Their whole support was arrested?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

LOL...the Model Club......

• Advertisement
Advertisement