Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Weeks 26/27), Sept 7-10, 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

iregk wrote: »
    That said congratulations to the shels fans who embarrassed themselves last night. 3 arrested in the ground according to a mate who was a gardai on duty there last night. Well done lads, a credit to your club.
    I actually can't believe we're being preached to by a Rovers fan. That is so hilariously ironic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Didn't realise that win put us above Bray. Happy days. Dundalk will need a miracle to avoid a playoff now. McMillan has really hit top form in the last few games.
    Hopefully all the top teams win on Monday and with the form we're in, we could climb a few more places before the end of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Lars1916 wrote: »
    You get arrested for over celebrating a goal? May I have more details please?

Lads jumped the wall onto the pitch, one was dragged out by the steward, others got back over and were cherry picked out by the Gardaí afterwards.

Would've been funny to see them being kicked out for 'overcelebrating' for a goal that didn't clinch the game and as a result missing what should've been the winner in injury time. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That said congratulations to the shels fans who embarrassed themselves last night. 3 arrested in the ground according to a mate who was a gardai on duty there last night. Well done lads, a credit to your club.

Some bull! Think 1 got kicked out, was actually with him afterwards and he didn't seem to pished off!

How many of the Rovers lads got kicked out after Finn scored? Probably none!

As for the match, could have gone either way, and if someone had of offered me 2-2 before the game I'd have been all for that, but seeing Paddys chance at the end makes me feel sick that we didn't do a smah and grab!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Didn't dozens of Shams fans jump onto the pitch against Bohs earlier this season? Ye have a bigger problem with idiots than Shels imo.

Oatesy23 wrote: »

Didn't dozens of Shams fans jump onto the pitch against Bohs earlier this season? Ye have a bigger problem with idiots than Shels imo.
    A much bigger problem. Ours might be overinclined towards jumping over walls, whereas Rovers fans prefer jumping on innocent fan's heads at Luas stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Ah leave Rovers alone. Their fans who ran on the pitch throwing things into the Jodi were very quick to runaway when confronted. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Dare to dream of 2 wins in a row Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

monkey9 wrote: »
    That's part of your legacy from cheating yourselves to titles you's weren't actually entitled to.

...Who do you support?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

CSF wrote: »
    A much bigger problem. Ours might be overinclined towards jumping over walls, whereas Rovers fans prefer jumping on innocent fan's heads at Luas stations.

That reminds me, did that Cork lad survive that was fighting for his life after being attacked by Shels fans last year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

That reminds me, did that Cork lad survive that was fighting for his life after being attacked by Shels fans last year?

Oh that dope?

Thankfully he did. He took some chance that night attacking the fans leaving peacefully. I am sure he wouldn't be so stupid again.

What was the point you were trying to make?

You mean the lad who was throwing glass bottles at children? Yeah he did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

What's this, the Shelbourne Vigilante Appreciation Society? If someone is causing trouble, the correct response is to call the guards, or at the very most restrain the kid. Kicking someone to within an inch of their life is not the appropriate response.

I assume all these women and children (it's always women and children) that he hit with bottles lodged official garda complaints and the lad is due in court then at some stage?

What's this, the Shelbourne Vigilante Appreciation Society? If someone is causing trouble, the correct response is to call the guards, or at the very most restrain the kid. Kicking someone to within an inch of their life is not the appropriate response.

I assume all these women and children (it's always women and children) that he hit with bottles lodged official garda complaints and the lad is due in court then at some stage?
    No I don't think the response was the correct one or acceptable. I just think its bad practice to leave out such key details in your summary of events, I mean a reader not in the know could easily get a very slanted view of what happened that night.

The lad got a way with a caution and is barred from attending football matches in this country afaik.

I certainly don't condone the beating that fella got :rolleyes:

And I think a lot of the fans did indeed contact the guards in relation to himself and his trouble making buddies.

Now why did you bring that point up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Right so. I will run on the pitch next Monday and give Mattews a big hug, because I know, Shels will win the match :pac:

But seriously. Fans jumping onto the pitch, without causing harm to anyone? Being thrown out for that? A bit harsh, imo. Football needs fans, not an attendance, we are not talking about watching a chess tournament.

And football needs emotions, not clowns, who clap their hands, because someone holds up a sign 'Clap your hands now'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Hilarious reading here. Anyone that takes the account of someone who was a football pitches width away as gospel is as stupid as the one giving it.

Two lads were taken out after the pitch invasion. There was no 'cherry picking' of fans afterwards.. a few strong words between the Gards and lads at the wall, that's about it. Also coming from someone who was right in it, there was no infighting amongst the Shels lads. Not one bit.

Also, the stewards in front of us should be paying Shamrock for their display of utter incompetence. They hadn't a clue what to do when we were over the wall and just seemed to wait for the Gards to step in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

You mean the lad who was throwing glass bottles at children? Yeah he did

Haha. It was bricks and stones a few months ago, now its glass.

What will it be next? Swords? Wildlife? Pencil cases?

gimmick wrote: »

As far as I could tell it was pretty much anything they could get their hands on. Naturally being with my 8 year old brother, I didn't stand around or step forward to see exactly what everything was, so perhaps my summary of each different missile might be a little inaccurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Yup, he's all good now, was in a bad way for a bit but he's grand now.

He's not in court, but 3 Cork lads are/were. All 3 were charged and 2 were in court last month, one with a suspended sentence and one with community work (iirc). The 3 Cork lad is in Australia and will be up for the charges when he comes home, this lad is the guys brother btw. All was in National and Cork newspapers.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

But seriously. Fans jumping onto the pitch, without causing harm to anyone? Being thrown out for that? A bit harsh, imo. Football needs fans, not an attendance, we are not talking about watching a chess tournament.
    Unfortunately fans jumping on the pitch = fines. Financially it can be better to throw out these people and forego the money they pay.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

Tomorrow sees the chance for a very good season to turn into a bloody brilliant one

gimmick wrote: »

What I saw was

- a glass bottle
    - a traffic cone
    - a "for sale sign" pulled of a garden
    - numerous rocks/stones/bricks

There is no defending that group for their actions, so gimmick I don't know why you keep trying to belittle their role in that evenings events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Christ not the 'Cork-Shels' incident again. This gets brought up every few weeks it seems.

Both sets of people involved were idiots, as savage as the attack was.

So ya City-Bray tomorrow. Hopefully Drogs beat Derry and the same at the Cross and we go 5th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dub XV wrote: »

There is no defending that group for their actions, so gimmick I don't know why you keep trying to belittle their role in that evenings events.

I'm not defending them. Give out about what they did, not some crap which changes every week when ye bring it up. And as I have noticed Shells fans have very active imaginations. Sure apparently they were chased out of Cork with people throwing stuff at them recently. I think the CCFC folk gave up around Fermoy. I could be wrong on that though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Hillarious. Rovers fans jump the wall to celebrate and they are scum, something should be done about them etc... Shels fans do it and it's ridiculous that youre not allowed celebrate a goal in that way, football has died. Brought it up purely to show the hypocrisy in this forum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I've to pick the OH up from the airport at 7, how do I go about convincing her to Tallaght before heading home?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Leejo

Hillarious. Rovers fans jump the wall to celebrate and they are scum, something should be done about them etc... Shels fans do it and it's ridiculous that youre not allowed celebrate a goal in that way, football has died. Brought it up purely to show the hypocrisy in this forum.

Excuse you? Why would Rovers fans celebrate going 1-0 to their biggest rivals by jumping onto the pitch?

Hypocrisy, eh? Hilarious

Anyway, let's be honest, who gives a fcuk?

Can't wait for tomorrow. Another 4-0 drubbing please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Dozens? About 6 did.

I honestly think that people on here believe the hype in some of the papers about the hooliganism in Ireland.

Look at night clubs etc any night of the week, out of 1000+ people there is going to be a lot more trouble than at a football match. Actual trouble is nearly unheard of, its nearly always just intimidation.

Theres bigger rivaleries between estates than there is between clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

^^^ Some lovely impersonations of the Gallaghers brothers there by lads on field.:pac::pac:

• Advertisement

I hereby declare my attendance for the Shels vs Cork match :D

Anyway...fines for entering the pitch, just to celebrate a goal? Right, it's a different stories, if you attack the stewards, players, referee, the opposition, anyone innocent. But otherwise? Seems like fans are turned into emotionless zombies.

Football without emotions kills the game :mad:

Anyway...fines for entering the pitch, just to celebrate a goal? Right, it's a different stories, if you attack the stewards, players, referee, the opposition, anyone innocent. But otherwise? Seems like fans are turned into emotionless zombies.

Football without emotions kills the game :mad:

Not just that...

Pat Scully was fined for being a TV pundit who criticised the FAI, Derry were fined for a fan criticising the FAI in a blog or fanzine, Shels were fined becuase their fans were 'criticising' RTÉ this season in Bray..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I've to pick the OH up from the airport at 7, how do I go about convincing her to Tallaght before heading home?

Just bring her without telling her. That's what I'm doing (with my girl, not yours ;)). Once a month we have a Random Adventure Surprise Date and it's my turn to choose this month so it's Bohs vs Rovers in Tallaght, totally unbeknownst to her.

It's either gonna be an amazingly original good idea or it'll be the last I ever see of her. Either way, our first win against Wicklow's Number 2 out there would be just swell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

"Sorry, love. Stuck in work/college. Get a taxi.,"

The italicised option is the one that I'll be using tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Should be goals in Tolka tonight, we not bothering defending anymore and going for goals.

3-2 to someone.

Warms the heart in anticipation of tonight :)

Also, anyone getting the Luas to Tallaght, there was a crash this morning so looks like you'll have to walk up Heuston to get the Luas out. Link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Nervous about the Sligo v Dundalk game tonight, hope we get through it with a win to maintain a nice lead with the Mons game already skipped.

"Sorry, love. Stuck in work/college. Get a taxi.,"

The italicised option is the one that I'll be using tonight.

But that only works, if you send it by text, not by calling her in the same moment, your team scores a goal, and she can hear the crowd in the background ;)

And on another note...so you are not allowed to say anything negative against the FAI? I thought, there was a Freedom of Speech? :confused:

Anyway, I might put up an offensive banner one day...in German, of course, I guess, nobody in the FAI HQ will be able to understand it :D

And on another note...so you are not allowed to say anything negative against the FAI? I thought, there was a Freedom of Speech? :confused:
    There are a lot of similarities between the FAI and a fascist regime :p

I suppose, there is the death penalty for using flares in a football ground? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The only difference is that the FAI originated in the sea. It`s all revealed by the hidden anagram within "A fascist regime", which is "Grim sea Fai sect"

I have to ask some mates in Dortmund, if I can have a lend of this banner here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

are rovers doing a video/audio stream etc. ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Heading to Tallaght Stadium shortly, but these Monday night games are not doing any clubs favours.
    There's always a lower amount of kids brought to Rovers v Boez any way, but if it was say Cork or Derry, the fact its 'back to school' time impacts greatly on attendances for Monday night KO's.
    Not to say how much it will effect MNS viewing figures :rolleyes:

Heading to Tallaght Stadium shortly, but these Monday night games are not doing any clubs favours.
    There's always a lower amount of kids brought to Rovers v Boez any way, but if it was say Cork or Derry, the fact its 'back to school' time impacts greatly on attendances for Monday night KO's.
    Not to say how much it will effect MNS viewing figures :rolleyes:

You can watch it on the RTE player as well :D

As for me, I'm heading to Tolka shortly, didn't have a decent pint in ages...erm...didn't see a decent match in ages...erm...back to the pints ;)

Warms the heart in anticipation of tonight :)

I prefer this:

I think Rovers are ripe for that first defeat tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The Shels support is shocking. About 200 of them are here at Tolka.

monkey9 wrote: »
    The Shels support is shocking. About 200 of them are here at Tolka.
    Not a good attendance but you're taking the piss with that estimate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

According to ET attendence of 1057. Thats really low.

• Advertisement

kksaints wrote: »
    According to ET attendence of 1057. Thats really low.
    Yup, happens every Monday game for us. Very large percentage of our support is families.

Advertisement