Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone remember seeing this picture as a child on the late late and being freaked out

Options
  • 06-09-2012 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

I was terrified when I saw it ,its from the book communion.I wonder was it proved a hoax

communion_alien.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Looks like a sketch to me!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Greenbaize wrote: »
    Looks like a sketch to me!

That's what it looks like to me too, a painting by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

Nope, but I remember the **** out of this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

If I remember correctly, while the author was talking on the late late show, the producers decided to fade that picture of the alien in as an overlay, and as a 10 year old I thought the ****in aliens were coming through the telly.

I nearly lost my life. And a woman phoned in straight away with the same reaction :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Wasn't she in an ad for Bank of Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

It was disclosed as being a sketch/image (from an artist's impression) if I remember correctly. It was when Gay was interviewing Whitely Strieber. To answer the question though, yes I was f**g terrified and it started practically a decade long fear of aliens!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

RikkFlair wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, while the author was talking on the late late show, the producers decided to fade that picture of the alien in as an overlay, and as a 10 year old I thought the ****in aliens were coming through the telly.

I nearly lost my life. And a woman phoned in straight away with the same reaction :pac:

Yes, they slowly faded it in, and scared the living shite out of probably most of the country.

Any way......it was just sleep paralysis and Chinese lanterns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

So, the above sketch was done by an artist after Whitley described the features of the creature he had seen?

Maybe there's something wrong with me, or I'm just weird, but I don't find myself remotely freaked out by the sight of it. I don't remember seeing it on the Late Late Show all those years ago, and I wasn't familiar with Strieber, so this is my first time seeing the image.

It's just made me think of the banter about 'reptilians' inhabiting human bodies on this planet that's been doing the rounds for a while. Apparently people like George W. Bush, Queen Elizabeth II and Herman Van Rompuy (President of the European Council) are reptilians, what with their beady, little eyes and general alien-like facial appearance. :) Who knows?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Maybe there's something wrong with me, or I'm just weird, but I don't find myself remotely freaked out by the sight of it. I don't remember seeing it on the Late Late Show all those years ago, and I wasn't familiar with Strieber, so this is my first time seeing the image.

There was murder over it. They faded it in incredibly slowly - like over more than a minute.

People were talking about it for years.

In fact. People are still talking about it to this day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

krd wrote: »
    There was murder over it.

So Biddy & Paddy had a problem with it
    They faded it in incredibly slowly - like over more than a minute.

Sounds very cool actually :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Would love to see the clip, it's funny to think that image would cause much of an uproar. People were much softer back in those days, haha.

krd wrote: »
    There was murder over it. They faded it in incredibly slowly - like over more than a minute.

I'd have to see it to be able to appreciate how scary it was (fading in the image incredibly slowly and all). I suppose it would have scared the crap out of children, or older people who were a bit 'green' regarding supernatural subjects.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

He's smirking at your terror

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭An Capall Dubh

It's Ryan Tubridy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Its Behind You!

No, that image didnt bother me. I can see why it would scare kids tho.

When we were young, an older boy from the street told me that every time I see a black cat, that I should say "Black cat, cross my path", otherwise I would be in for trouble, not respecting the cat sorta thing.

That sorta bugged me for a long while, I still say it too on the odd occasion.

http://youtu.be/V-Hhi7gPiW0

Lol. That cat didn't get his Whiskas that day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭Corkgirl210

Ryan turbidy.. lol.. he is too close minded to be an alien..

Do none of you believe in Alien beings?

Does your consciousness only go as far as earth? Surely there are other beings in other galaxies and universes????

we only fear what we dont understand..
    well it also depends on the type of alien.. that looks like a grey.. they are our friends! ;o)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i think if there are aliens, they wont be all lovey dovey and nice - they'll be more like the Vogons.

Advertisement