Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black falgs & tri colours-Donaghmede

Options
  • 06-09-2012 8:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭

Came through Donaghmede this morning on the way to work and noticed all the lamp posts had a tri colour and black flag on them. Im assuming its to do with the scum in the area being shot. They look awful and like somthing that harks back to the 1980s in Belfast.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 james harry

does anyone know what these flags are about
    Is it a mark of respect or something more senistor?
    we live in the surrounding area and my wife is very concerned about our childrens saftey
    I have suggested that the funeral of the dead real Ira man might be it Donagmede church but this is just a hunch
    I agree that they look awfull and must be removed
    A lot of decent people live in this area

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

i noticed it coming on to the roundabout from grange road and they seemed to be all the way down to the church. The idea of a gang of thugs and drug dealers using the irish flag aswell is a disgrace to the flag. whatever about the ira using the flags for their "political" motives is one thing but this is just for a scum bag. im sure theres a lot of people in the area who find the flags insulting and would like to take them down but are scared for their lives of what would happen if they get spotted doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2 james harry

what are we paying our taxes for
    the gaurds or council must remove this eyesore

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

what are we paying our taxes for
    the gaurds or council must remove this eyesore

what did the Guards and/or the Council say when you contacted them about the flags?

or are you just here to moan and expect someone else to do it for you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement