Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online shopping - amazon and ebay?

• 06-09-2012 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭

just a quick one; i am looking to buy some stuff for holidays - and the impression that I have is that amazon charge way more for postage than ebay do - is this in general?

also when returning an item on amazon, am i better to use their returns option or do it myself through the post office?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

When you buy off ebay you are buying off independent sellers who can set their own price for postage in the most part. Also many of the items sold are sold in auction so you are not sure of getting the item.

Amazon postage can work out expensive but normally the item itself is cheaper. I often find that it arrives quicker than ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you spend in excess of £25 on Amazon (direct with Amazon, not with their Marketplace sellers), then postage is free to Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i find ebay postage very dear,it is worth emailing the seller and asking them to do economy postage only..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

i find ebay postage very dear,it is worth emailing the seller and asking them to do economy postage only..

thanks a good idea actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just be aware that a lot of sellers might refuse. Sellers don't get a lot of protection from eBay (compared to buyers anyway) and it's easy for a buyer to claim that goods didn't arrive, leaving the seller in the lurch. Using premium postage helps protect the seller. But there's no harm in asking!

• Advertisement
Advertisement