Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for sleeve

Options
  • 06-09-2012 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭

Morning all,

I am heading to Belfast next weekend to get tattooed by Ching from East Tattoo, I have 16 hours booked with him over 2 sessions.

My original plan was a 3/4 sleeve with a Koi and Hannya mask, with the usual water, wind bars and floral designs.

Iv been talking to him over the past few weeks, but he is in transit at the minute so out of contact with him for a while.

I have told him now to drop the Hannya and increase the flower patterns and wind bars etc to make it a full sleeve. It's a mix of color and black and grey I'm hoping for.

Main question I have is, and I know its a bit of a "what if" and has many variables thrown in, but do people here think 16 hours would be sufficient enough for the full sleeve? I know it depends on how quick the artist works etc. I am hoping that it will be and if not, I do hope I can get more time with him, as he is traveling over from Taiwan.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It'd be possible, but only the artist themselves could tell you for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

It'd be possible, but only the artist themselves could tell you for sure.

Cheers, it's in a traditional style mixed with a modern style, so the Koi will be realistic along with the flowers and water, and then fill it out with traditional wind bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I'm sure the artist knows themselves how long differrant tattoos would take them and allocate the time appropiately.

All up to you really if you can sit for the length of time he's put aside for you I'd guess ;)

And must put up pics when it's done ;) Seen some of his stuff and it's just amaze-balls!!

I did ask him about the time and he said it would be difficult, but I did drop the Hannya mask in favor or more flowers and windbars, the Hannya can go on my left sleeve.

He really is amazing, I am looking forward to it immensely, not so much the pain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

make sure u post pics.his work looks great.i was gonna book a session with him myself for a full colour dragon half sleeve but instead decided to go on the waiting list to get inked by chris crooks.just 15 more months to wait :/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Good choice of artist :pac:

I started my backpiece with Ching when he was visiting White Dragon in 2011, and finished it there earlier this year when he came back on another trip. It's quite likely that he'll keep coming back as long as people keep booking in - so I wouldn't sweat it if you don't get the sleeve finished, you might catch him again in 2013.

He's a relatively fast tattooer and also has a pretty gruelling work ethic... When he was tattooing me he tended not to factor in a break (or lunch, for example) unless you ask for it. I think he could probably do a sleeve in 16 hours if you can sit for it.

Yang is with him this time around - another legend.

Good choice of artist :pac:

I started my backpiece with Ching when he was visiting White Dragon in 2011, and finished it there earlier this year when he came back on another trip. It's quite likely that he'll keep coming back as long as people keep booking in - so I wouldn't sweat it if you don't get the sleeve finished, you might catch him again in 2013.

He's a relatively fast tattooer and also has a pretty gruelling work ethic... When he was tattooing me he tended not to factor in a break (or lunch, for example) unless you ask for it. I think he could probably do a sleeve in 16 hours if you can sit for it.

Yang is with him this time around - another legend.

Yeah I am hoping to get it done while he is here this time, I might be around in 2013 with my travel plans so fingers crossed, I can eat with my left hand while he is working his magic!

After seeing some of the updates that has been put up on the white dragon FB page, I am confident now that 16 hours is plenty.

Advertisement