Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Woes

Options
  • 06-09-2012 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

My last 4 bills have been estimated .So when I sent in a corrected meter reading The esb calculated low usage on my last bill ,and charged me a standing charge of 43 cent per unit .Crazy stufff, bye bye esb .

Slan ,
    Conor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi rebeve,

Sorry to hear you're leaving us. The low user standing charge would only be applied in a case where the customer's usage averages 2 units per day or less (which is 7 times less than the national residential average of 14 units per day). It would apply primarily to premises that are vacant much of the time, and is not intended as a penalty for energy efficiency (which we encourage).
    rebeve wrote:
    My last 4 bills have been estimated

ESB Networks look after meter readings on behalf of all electricity suppliers, and aim to read your meter 4 times per year (meaning at least 2 will be estimates). If there are difficulties gaining access to the meter there could be further estimates.

Because in this case your usage was estimated for approximately 8 months, I could have a look at your account for you just to double check the system-generated re-estimation of your usage (which is what resulted in the low user standing charge being applied). Just PM me your details if you would like me to look into this further. For more info on the charge itself, see here.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Hi David ,
    Thanks for all your help .Fair play and common sense go a long way .

Slan ,

Conor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Thanks rebeve, glad to help.

Advertisement