Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abandoned Ireland Exhibition - Dublin Culture Night 21st September

• 06-09-2012 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

I am running a free exhibition as part of Dublin Culture Night on the 21st September. Come along and say hello :)

AM_poster_dublin.jpg

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

AI wrote: »
    I am running a free exhibition as part of Dublin Culture Night on the 21st September. Come along and say hello :)

Only if you promise to tell us where some of these places are ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Oh yes :D

I'll be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Definitely up for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Phil Taz

Oh marking this into my callender!!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭AI

Make sure you say hello on the night :)
    Here's a video trailer, tis for the new book but also gives an idea of what you'll see in the exhib.
    T.B.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=GEihPxEw-Zw&vq=hd720

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Looks fantastic, will have to pop along to this.

Make sure you say hello on the night :)
    Here's a video trailer, tis for the new book but also gives an idea of what you'll see in the exhib.
    T.B.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=GEihPxEw-Zw&vq=hd720
    The cover of you're book, is that the estate just before Edenderry?

Hey Tallon. No the house on the cover is in County Galway.
    By the way I eventually made it to Grange Castle, tis a bit grim how that place has gone so downhill.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Drizzella

would love to have been there... loads of photos please...

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Christ0pher

It's so fascinating. Will both books be for sale at the exhibition? Any discount for buying both ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

Do you need tickets for this? I don't know how culture night works.

The exhibition is on this Friday 21st September 5pm to 9pm at the City Assembly House, which is next to Powerscourt Shopping centre.

No tickets required - just turn up at the door, it is totally free and you get to see a great exhibition and also you'll see inside an interesting building which isn't normally open to the public.

There'll be a limited supply of both my books 'Abandoned Mansions of Ireland' and the new book 'Abandoned Mansions of Ireland II - More Portraits of Forgotten Stately Homes'.

Yes they will be discounted and I can also sign them for you.

You can hear me talk about the book and exhibition on RTE Radio 1 - Pat Kenny 10.30ish on the morning of the exhib.

Hope to see you there :)

Hey Tallon. No the house on the cover is in County Galway.
    By the way I eventually made it to Grange Castle, tis a bit grim how that place has gone so downhill.
    Yeah it's crazy!

Beautiful place though. Did you get into the tower?

Advertisement