Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Existing Customer

Options
  • 06-09-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

Hi all,

Have been with UPC for the past 2 years,tv and broadband, pay 56euro direct debit each month, never been an issue with payments etc.

Have the basic box, no record facility. Has anyone called UPC and looked for a better off as you are looking to move to Sky? surely they should give me a new box where i can record?

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in reducing bill/improving package,

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I haven't tried renegotiating with UPC... but I've been thinking of trying out BillFreeTv

€289 to install the aerial (freesat dish & saorview aerial), get HD channels and the Fergeson Ariva 150 media box/recorder, or €440 for 2 independent boxes in the house.

Only thing is that if you ditch the UPC TV package then they charge you a €7 or €9 surcharge for broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

But think once you get the home phone too its only an extra €5

• Registered Users Posts: 30 packiec50

I rang them up a few months ago, I had the basic tv package, home phone and 25 mb broadband.
    I had one of the boxes though where I can record.

Just talking to them, I got the tv price reduced, and got box rental charge removed.
    I also dropped my broadband speed to 20 mb as that is fine for me.
    This cut my bills from between 10~20 euro a month if I remember correctly

So I'd definitely call them if I were you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yeah they have 20mb basic broadband and phone for about €30. They don't promote it though, you have to ask. Then if you get FTA satellite and Saorview installed for TV, should cost about €200 once-off, you've halved your bill instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have been with UPC for the past 2 years,tv and broadband, pay 56euro direct debit each month, never been an issue with payments etc.

Have the basic box, no record facility. Has anyone called UPC and looked for a better off as you are looking to move to Sky? surely they should give me a new box where i can record?

Just wondering if anyone has had any success in reducing bill/improving package,

Thanks

Is it as simple as getting a new box to have a record facility???
    My contract is up in the next wee while, and have been considering changing to Sky, several people have told me how good their customer service is.
    I initially ordered UPC online, and the website lead me to believe that I could have a record facility, it was only when the engineer dude came to install it all that I was told that the record facility was only available to cable customers and I am an aerial customer. Is this still the case foes anyone know??

• Advertisement
Advertisement