Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Modem, NTL Output Problem

• 06-09-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I just got a new broadband modem for my apartment which I just moved into.

Unfortunately I only realised now that the apartment has an old NTL device in the corner instead of a phone line (see attached photos)

Im wondering does anybody know of anything I can buy or get to be able to use my internet through this device, as the internet company has switched on the internet for me through there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

are you with UPC? if so connect up the modem and see if you can get a connection.. if all fails, they will need to come out and upgrade that wall unit and wiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭HattieMcDoogal

The NTL/UPC cable will only work with a modem if the modem has been supplied by UPC.

If you are with UPC (like the previous poster suggested) call them.

If you're with another provider you'll have to call that provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The NTL/UPC cable will only work with a modem if the modem has been supplied by UPC.

If you are with UPC (like the previous poster suggested) call them.

If you're with another provider you'll have to call that provider.

This.

You bought your own modem, thats for DSL, with that point you're on cable, and UPC only allows routers they provision. Call them.

On the other hand, if UPC arent your ISP then you are DSL and need to find the phone line.

Advertisement