If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new 42" TV

Options
  • 06-09-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I purchased a 42" Panasonic from yourselves a couple of years back, myslef and the girlfirend are currently looking to replace our 2nd TV.

I probably have a little bit less of a budget to work with so Panny Plasmas are probably out of my price range, ideally looking for something with a maximum of €800.

So unfortunately looks like a LED might be the best way to go unles you have other recommendations. looking for 3D (may as well) and Smart TV features where possible but open to suggestions.

Something like the LG 42LM660T looks nice, what price would you be able to do it for?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

mikew1985 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I purchased a 42" Panasonic from yourselves a couple of years back, myslef and the girlfirend are currently looking to replace our 2nd TV.

I probably have a little bit less of a budget to work with so Panny Plasmas are probably out of my price range, ideally looking for something with a maximum of €800.

So unfortunately looks like a LED might be the best way to go unles you have other recommendations. looking for 3D (may as well) and Smart TV features where possible but open to suggestions.

Something like the LG 42LM660T looks nice, what price would you be able to do it for?

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting in touch. And apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

The 660T is currently down as 'Last Few to Clear' so I can't get my hands on any :( We were shifting them at £649.95.

Should take a look at the LG 42 LM620T. Don't have any stock at the moment but hoping for these back in shortly:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lm620t/lg-42lm620t

Current price on this is £579.95 / €773.26.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm actually looking for the 660 too, do you have any of the 670?

The 620 doesn't cut it for me as it doesn't have wireless.

Edit: actually I'd take the 640 either, I think it has wireless but no local dimming (which I'd have no interest in anyway).

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm actually looking for the 660 too, do you have any of the 670?

The 620 doesn't cut it for me as it doesn't have wireless.

Edit: actually I'd take the 640 either, I think it has wireless but no local dimming (which I'd have no interest in anyway).

Hi Quarry,

I can get the 670T in. It's currently priced at £799.95. It's a 'In-Store Only purchase' so would need to be collected in Belfast.

The 640 is also currently out of stock and I've no incoming date for anymore :(

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hi Quarry,

I can get the 670T in. It's currently priced at £799.95. It's a 'In-Store Only purchase' so would need to be collected in Belfast.

The 640 is also currently out of stock and I've no incoming date for anymore :(

Chris

Great thanks Chris.

Any other similar 42" 3D TVs a little cheaper? (Also, I don't plan to drive up to Belfast so would need to be delivered).

edit: also, you have everything in Belfast that I can see on the .co.uk site?

quarryman wrote: »
    Great thanks Chris.

Any other similar 42" 3D TVs a little cheaper? (Also, I don't plan to drive up to Belfast so would need to be delivered).

edit: also, you have everything in Belfast that I can see on the .co.uk site?

Hi Quarry,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We can get our hands on a Toshiba 42" 3D TV. I've not seen it in the flesh so couldn't comment on quality. On paper it sounds pretty good.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/toshiba/42vl863b/tosh-42vl863b

Current price on this is £449.95 and then £29.95 delivery.

We can usually get our hands on most products on the .co.uk site. There is some items like Bose which are exclusive to some stores. But generally if it says 'Buy Now' we're good to go.

Some items will say 'Exclusive to In-store customers only' We should still be able to get these, would need to be collected in Belfast tho.

Any items saying 'Last Few to Clear' means they are now finished. It's worth while giving us a shout as we may still have stock here in Belfast. If not then unfortunately we wont be able to get it.

Hope this helps.

Chris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

Hi Kenny,

unfortunately the 620 is very simlarly priced in most stores down here so looks a non runner given the delivery cost would need to be added on top.

How much is the € price of the 670?

I'm ideally looking to go with the 660 or 670 given the much nicer finish on the TV itself. Having seen the 620 and 660 in the flesh the 620 is rather ugly comparitively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi again.

Thanks for the update and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

The 42LM670T I can do for £809.95 / 1079 Euro including delivery.

These are currently available from our main UK warehouse and I could have shipped from there.

Let me know if this ticks the boxes !

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.