Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile cancelled contract, help required

Options
  • 06-09-2012 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Good afternoon,

I'm in an unpleasant situation at the moment. I opened an 18-month contract with them, and I paid my bills according to the terms and conditions for 2 months, and then a payment was rejected by my bank once, after two months of the contract, and after two payments had been done. After two weeks I went into an eMobile store, and paid the balance that I owed. After that, I was asked by a customer services agent if I wanted to open a new account, get a Pay as you go plan,or leave eMobile, as the contract had been canceled by eMobile. This was surprising to me, and I asked why this was done, and if there are going to be any cancellation, or any other fees if I choose to leave eMobile network. He advised me that, because eMobile chose to cancel the contract, and not myself, there would be no fees. I told them I would have to think about it. I called back, spoke to another customer services agent, and asked the same question, whether there will be any other fees, and again she confirmed that no, there will be none. I took down her name, the date, and she also advised me that the phone call is recorded. So given that, I chose to leave eMobile. I did not get any letter from eMobile, or any other form of contact. I opened a contract with a different company then. I was owed a deposit from eMobile, so I called four times to enquire when , and if the deposit will be refunded to me. On all occasions they said that it will. After not receiving it to my bank, I called the fifth time, on the 4th of September, to enquire why it wasn't sent to me. I got transfered to Credit Control department, who then told me I owed eMobile over €1000 due to cancellation fees, and part of the payment was taken as that deposit. I explained to them that I was informed no charges would apply 6 weeks ago, but they said that there is nothing they can do about. Since then I formed a complaint, and request the record of that phone call, which told me that there would be no fees, which changed my mind to discontinue using eMobile services. Basically, now they are saying I owe them €948. I am considering suing them for this, and looking for a solicitor. Could someone please share any relevant experiemce, or a general opinion?

Best regards,

V

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

nobodiez wrote: »
    Good afternoon,

I'm in an unpleasant situation at the moment. I opened an 18-month contract with them, and I paid my bills according to the terms and conditions for 2 months, and then a payment was rejected by my bank once, after two months of the contract, and after two payments had been done. After two weeks I went into an eMobile store, and paid the balance that I owed. After that, I was asked by a customer services agent if I wanted to open a new account, get a Pay as you go plan,or leave eMobile, as the contract had been canceled by eMobile. This was surprising to me, and I asked why this was done, and if there are going to be any cancellation, or any other fees if I choose to leave eMobile network. He advised me that, because eMobile chose to cancel the contract, and not myself, there would be no fees. I told them I would have to think about it. I called back, spoke to another customer services agent, and asked the same question, whether there will be any other fees, and again she confirmed that no, there will be none. I took down her name, the date, and she also advised me that the phone call is recorded. So given that, I chose to leave eMobile. I did not get any letter from eMobile, or any other form of contact. I opened a contract with a different company then. I was owed a deposit from eMobile, so I called four times to enquire when , and if the deposit will be refunded to me. On all occasions they said that it will. After not receiving it to my bank, I called the fifth time, on the 4th of September, to enquire why it wasn't sent to me. I got transfered to Credit Control department, who then told me I owed eMobile over €1000 due to cancellation fees, and part of the payment was taken as that deposit. I explained to them that I was informed no charges would apply 6 weeks ago, but they said that there is nothing they can do about. Since then I formed a complaint, and request the record of that phone call, which told me that there would be no fees, which changed my mind to discontinue using eMobile services. Basically, now they are saying I owe them €948. I am considering suing them for this, and looking for a solicitor. Could someone please share any relevant experiemce, or a general opinion?

Best regards,

V

Hi nobodiez,

I am sorry to hear you have had a bad customer experience.If you could PM me the details you had written down about the call and the name of the agent I will chase this up in order to have the call listened to and try to get this resolved. If you could also PM me the account number that would be much appreciated.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nobodiez

Hi nobodiez,

I am sorry to hear you have had a bad customer experience.If you could PM me the details you had written down about the call and the name of the agent I will chase this up in order to have the call listened to and try to get this resolved. If you could also PM me the account number that would be much appreciated.

Tony

Hi Tony, thank you for your help! PM'ing you right now.

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

nobodiez wrote: »
    Hi Tony, thank you for your help! PM'ing you right now.

Hi nobodiez,

I have responded to your PM and as soon as I have any further information I will let you know.

Thanks

Tony

Advertisement