Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Galway city sells Donegal Co. Flag

Options
  • 06-09-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Does any body know a place in the city that would sell the Donegal County Gaa flag.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

one of the shops in salthill was selling gaa flags last week.cant remember which one tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Would like to know this too, post back if you find one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pdiddy

booooooooooooo lol come on mayo:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

if its any help I am in Donegal looking for a Galway flag, want to do a swap?

BTW, its not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Galway people pls support Mayo

- we support you in hurling as it is still a sport in development in Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 ian 21

deos shop beside the burren mount sell them i thought seen few when was in salthill last week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭BhoscaCapall

They'll be selling them on board the bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Did you already try the sports shops?

nuac wrote: »
    Galway people pls support Mayo

- we support you in hurling as it is still a sport in development in Mayo

Ya if ye do it's because of just that reason.... ye don't even play it.

Do ye cheer for our footballers when they're playing?. I lived in Claremorris round the glory years off 1999-2002. I can tell you they certainly do not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Ya if ye do it's because of just that reason.... ye don't even play it.

Do ye cheer for our footballers when they're playing?. I lived in Claremorris round the glory years off 1999-2002. I can tell you they certainly do not.

Very resentful stuff there gilberto, here we are trying to build bridges and you just throw it back in our faces. I'll be supporting the hurling team on Sunday, regardless of how I feel about the footballers!

• Advertisement

Oh and to the OP, try looking for a Leitrim flag if ye can't find the Donegal one

Very resentful stuff there gilberto, here we are trying to build bridges and you just throw it back in our faces. I'll be supporting the hurling team on Sunday, regardless of how I feel about the footballers!

How am I resentful?. It's quite clear from past experience the only resentment was coming from at the very least the border towns in Mayo.
    But that's exactly my point. You'll only support them as ye can't win the hurling(though I'd doubt the border town folks will either way) while we can win both.

Anyway I'm not going to drag the thread off topic, nor did I say I was going for Donegal. I honestly couldn't give a fiddlers who wins it. I only really dislike Tipp and Dublin when it comes to GAA. Was just telling that other poster support shouldn't be granted automatically when it's the same competition a lot of Mayo people don't want us to win.

I showed no resentment, just made an observation.

How am I resentful?. It's quite clear from past experience the resentment coming from at the very least the border towns in Mayo.
    But that's exactly my point. You'll only support them as ye can't win the hurling(though I'd doubt the border town folks will either way) while we can win both.

Anyway I'm not going to drag the thread off topic, nor did I say I was going for Donegal. I honestly couldn't give a fiddlers who wins it. I only really dislike Tipp and Dublin when it comes to GAA. Was just telling that other poster support shouldn't be granted automatically when it's the same competition a lot of Mayo people don't want us to win.

I showed no resentment, just made an observation.

Not at the moment ye can't win both. Strange you would take our good wishes in the hurling and twist it into us only supporting you guys because we don't compete in it. Believe it or not most Mayo people would have friends and family in Galway, no shortage of Mayo people studying and working there.

Football is a different beast altogether though. The great David Brady said it best:

"You’d have a lot of good relationships with players over the years,” he commented. “Galway players and Mayo players went to college together, played Sigerson together, but for 70 minutes, you hate every man, woman and child in Galway! And every Galwayman hates even the water that comes out of Mayo! It’s pure and utter do or die for 70 minutes. It’s like a little boxing ring – without the thumps ... but there’s always been good football. And that’s exactly what the country is probably going to get – a great game of football.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

this place looks like they would have some, in ballybane too!
    www.irishwholesaleflags.com/

Advertisement