Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avondale vets

• 06-09-2012 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, I have recently moved to aughrim and looking for a really good vet. Someone I recently met while dog walking suggested avondale vets in Arklow but I really don't know anything about them. I was using Brittas Vets in Thurles which are excellent and provide a 24 hour service. It was a shame I couldn't bring them with me. I'd appreciate any input. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Ever2010

We were living near Aughrim last year and used that vets for our 4 cats. We only had yearly boosters and the kittens both neutered there last year. They seemed very nice and used the disposable stitches which was a help!

I'm not sure of their emergency procedures etc, but we did find them reasonably-priced and very friendly.

If this is of any help!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 the bomber

Great thank you for the feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

All I can say is they are fantastic! Have done so much for me, including an emercency appointment outside visiting hours, we arrived at the vet and it was closed, we rang the vet and within 10 minutes the vet was there, opened up the whole place just for us. Really friendly staff also. Great vets :D

Dear sotisme, thank you so very much for that information that is exactly what I am looking for in vets. Its great to know they were so quick to your aid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

They have provided great service to my pets for almost ten years. They also offer very good emergency out of hours service.

• Advertisement

dear bullseye1 thank you. that is the kind of vet I had in mind. I have couple of old dogs and hence they need alot of attention.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 peekay

Very god vet! They really care about your pets, do their job perfectly, the vets are professional, helpful, warm and nice, and they've got affordable price list. We have our 3 pets under their care, had a kitten neutered and all the exams, vaccinations (as well as pet passports) and all I can say is that we're very happy! I would definitely recommend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Very good vet but very pricy.

Advertisement