Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering data from old xbox to new one

Options
  • 06-09-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what I should do with the liscensing and stuff? Im using a USB to transfer it over. Is it a simple case of just getting the data and putting it on the new one and off i go? Or is there something else i have to do first so I dont run into problems with xbox live and stuff?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Basically youre right, though on the new console youll have to do a License transfer, so basically after you get everthing transferred, you would need to go to Settings > Account > License Transfer > and follow the steps there. Then you should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Meesared wrote: »
    Basically youre right, though on the new console youll have to do a License transfer, so basically after you get everthing transferred, you would need to go to Settings > Account > License Transfer > and follow the steps there. Then you should be fine!

thanks :) I read that online but it didnt say which console to do the transfer on. Should I do that after I transfer the data or should I do that first or should I just bring over the gamertag?

After, and youd be bringing your profile too :) And you do it on the new console?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Meesared wrote: »
    After, and youd be bringing your profile too :) And you do it on the new console?

Thanks, youre really good help around the xbox forums.

• Advertisement
Advertisement