Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Harris rotatable Bipod

Options
  • 06-09-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all.

Ive bn caught many times deer stalking where you see deer and you go throught the procedure of preparing for the shot - drop to the ground and drop the legs on the bipod etc etc. By the time you are ready to shoot the deer have most probably mooved so you have to ocasionally lift and reposition the rifle Bipod. I find this very annoying :mad:

I have notied harris have a new rotatable bipod attachment that you can attach to the fore end of the stock. U need a pictiallary rail for it tho...

Has anyone used one of these or something similar?

I may be just paranoid about the problem:rolleyes:

Check it out here: http://www.harrisbipods.com/

Shootin rabbits poses a similar problem as there always hopping around...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Guys talking about an alternative here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056728771

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

buy an atlas I have and I will never use a harris again

I've heard a lot of people recommend the atlas, what do they sell for johnfaul?

£180 http://www.tacfiresystems.co.uk/store/rifle-accessories/bipods/accu-shot-atlas-bt10-v8-bipod/]
    Dont bother with the quick release one as the standard one comes off handy enough with a flat screwdriver.
    Ask him for a sling stud adapter it attaches to a picatinny rail he gave it to me free.
    Honestly they are pure class I love mine you can also get leg extensions and other types of feet for it

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭cushcam

for that kind of money i think i'd stick with lifting to reposition slightly

• Advertisement

That is a bit pricey, what's the main advantage over something like a harris, are they made of exotic materials and extremely light?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭223Shooter

Another vote for the Atlas here. They are certainly expensive but when you use it you'll know why. They offer adjustable pan and tilt making it easy to track moving targets and eliminate cant when shooting from uneven ground. Add a bubble level to your scope/rail in order to rule out cant completely when shooting at distance. Mine is the quick release model.. As has been said, its not essential and adds a few quid but it makes using the bipod on multiple rifles that bit quicker. Personally I think the quick stud adapter for standard rifle stocks is a poor design. The protective rubber supplied is flimsy and soon comes apart. It would not remain tight and trying to get it to damaged two of my stocks (boyds and hs precision). I contacted Dan at Tacfire and have since installed picatinny rails to the foreends of the stocks and they work perfectly. The AFAR Kit or spigot adapter is ideal if your using the bipod on an AI or AICS..

The atlas is not quite as 'loose' feeling as the Versapod or similar but still require you to load them somewhat.. Also, if you buy the leg extensions you can add several inches to the maximum height in a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Vegeta wrote: »
    That is a bit pricey, what's the main advantage over something like a harris, are they made of exotic materials and extremely light?

Yeah, unobtanium! :D

I will stick to my Blackhawk and my Harris as thats way too pricey for me anyway.

the one bipod does multiple guns
    its range of adjustment is second to none, ive shot with the legs at 45 degrees countless times theres no springs either its just better in every way
    http://youtu.be/QEeItlD7f9M

Advertisement