Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading!

Options
  • 06-09-2012 1:57pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

So lads.. what thoughts have you given to trades (if any).

I'm hopeful if i get the team I want, I can make some key trades.

With the cap, trading is going to be very very tactical. The guys on the PFL have simmed seasons and done trades etc and one guy did two trades and at the start of S2 he has no cap space so it's definitely going to cause issues.

I have 3 positions I really want to upgrade at and 2 others i'd be interested in (in the short term) while players progress.

After that I dont see any huge needs and will hopefully aid one of the positions during the draft and possible FA.

So once the draft list comes out.. GM's.. check your PM box!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So lads.. what thoughts have you given to trades (if any).

I'm hopeful if i get the team I want, I can make some key trades.

With the cap, trading is going to be very very tactical. The guys on the PFL have simmed seasons and done trades etc and one guy did two trades and at the start of S2 he has no cap space so it's definitely going to cause issues.

I have 3 positions I really want to upgrade at and 2 others i'd be interested in (in the short term) while players progress.

After that I dont see any huge needs and will hopefully aid one of the positions during the draft and possible FA.

So once the draft list comes out.. GM's.. check your PM box!

I'll offer my potential starting QB for your stud Running back (you took the jags right?)

Seriously, if you cut someone you suffer a Cap penalty but if you trade someone away do you free up that Cap space or do you still need to pay the guaranteed money for the rest of the contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'll offer my potential starting QB for your stud Running back (you took the jags right?)

Seriously, if you cut someone you suffer a Cap penalty but if you trade someone away do you free up that Cap space or do you still need to pay the guaranteed money for the rest of the contract?

The bonus counts against your cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Can't see myself doing much trading to be honest.

If I get my first choice (pretty unlikely I'd imagine) I probably won't even do one trade but if I get my second choice (which I kind of hope I do now) I could do with some help at one position in particular so may look to do something there, but that will be about it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK, so probably little or no trading of your star players unless they are on very cap friendly contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

this should be called the "hypothetical trading thread" :)

• Advertisement

Only hypothetical for one more day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Think the trade-crazy offseason of Madden 12 will be a thing of the past.

Will soon know way too much about NFL contracts and the cap

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

adrian522 wrote: »

Time will tell :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Time will tell :pac::pac:

Lies..you can't be the Jags...I'm the Jags

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Lies..you can't be the Jags...I'm the Jags

says who!
    Only 2 people know and im not one of them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

I'd be open to a trade, it looks as if I get my number one or number two team....I need a backup qb....

HowAreWe wrote: »
    I'd be open to a trade, it looks as if I get my number one or number two team....I need a backup qb....

Matt Hasslebeck is yours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Matt Hasslebeck is yours :D

hmmm tempting....

HowAreWe wrote: »
    hmmm tempting....

Well lets see who we get...

says who!
    Only 2 people know and im not one of them!

I don't know who you are, but I picked after you, so I know who you aren't....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

Decent chance I'll trade Bradford after I go 0-16 in season 1.

PacFish wrote: »
    Decent chance I'll trade Bradford after I go 0-16 in season 1.

Ea have been very harsh on him making him 77 overall. He played hurt last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭PacFish

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Ea have been very harsh on him making him 77 overall. He played hurt last year.

Yep and he had nothing at WR (until Lloyd came along), a TE who dropped everything thrown at him and no o-line. Throw in McDaniels calling some pretty ridiculous plays and it was a recipe for disaster.

PacFish wrote: »
    Yep and he had nothing at WR (until Lloyd came along), a TE who dropped everything thrown at him and no o-line. Throw in McDaniels calling some pretty ridiculous plays and it was a recipe for disaster.

Only thing is he still has all these problems. At least Smith is gone, but Hunter.. Really???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Any good QB's or TE KNOCKING around :/

• Advertisement

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Any good QB's or TE KNOCKING around :/

I'll give you a decent QB tomorrow when my team is announced....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

ibmax wrote: »

The browns don't have a decent one :D

madalig12 wrote: »

The browns don't have a decent one :D

Oh I know who I am and thankfully not the browns... Decent QB is available from right now if any budding Sherlock out there can figure out who it is... Not a toughie!!!

Oh I know who I am and thankfully not the browns... Decent QB is available from right now if any budding Sherlock out there can figure out who it is... Not a toughie!!!

Palmer? :eek:

LUCKy Guess?:confused:

LUCKy Guess?:confused:

No joy but close. They were my second choice but after Santry took the Redskins im guaranteed my first choice. I also have a sneaking suspicion the gentleman who picked immediately after me will be joining me in the same division... Yikes!!!

As for the trade... If you wanna upgrade from Alex Smith, call me. I have needs everywhere :)

No joy but close. They were my second choice but after Santry took the Redskins im guaranteed my first choice. I also have a sneaking suspicion the gentleman who picked immediately after me will be joining me in the same division... Yikes!!!

Glad I'm not gonna be in that group...
    As for the trade... If you wanna upgrade from Alex Smith, call me. I have needs everywhere :)

I'll see what's on offer sure...gotta be broncos u think you are getting..

Glad I'm not gonna be in that group...

Honestly if you don't like Alex Smith I'd go with kaepernick, he's very quick, fairly accurate and will improve every year.

If he is the Broncos the AFC West could easily become the most difficult division in it as the Raiders and Chiefs will also have fallen very low down quite possibly to some of the best players. It'd be very surprising to see them fall to 2nd choice on day 4 mind, I thought they'd have had the possibility to even go late on day 2.

• Advertisement

Lads.. Putting this one out there.. Would there be an appetite to turn the salary cap off? I'd prefer it on btw

Advertisement