Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lads.. Putting this one out there.. Would there be an appetite to turn the salary cap off? I'd prefer it on btw

Nah no way, especially since some people will have picked teams based on their cap, contracts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Lads.. Putting this one out there.. Would there be an appetite to turn the salary cap off? I'd prefer it on btw

Some folk might have had their picks influenced by available cap so I'd say it will stay on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Agreed, part of the reasoning picked my team was the cap

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Any good QB's or TE KNOCKING around :/

Greg Olsen.

OK Olsen is officially on the block for anyone who wants him. He's rated overall 84 and as a tight end his 87 speed is his biggest asset. I'll be looking for a FS/CB/DT/RT rated around 84 for him.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What's his catching and jumping stats Matthew? Also what height is he?

Also id suggest everyone plays with their teams before agreeing to any trades..

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Anyone made a suggestion yet on how we're gonna treat free agency on day1?

Last person on draft offers first, all FAs in year one will only accept a 1 year deal I think, but don't quote me on this Ben or Raoul can confirm

6 foot 5, 87 catching, 89 jumping.

Last person on draft offers first, all FAs in year one will only accept a 1 year deal I think, but don't quote me on this Ben or Raoul can confirm

Browns can load up so ;)

• Advertisement

Titans will be doing some trading and FA acquisition..

Titans will be doing some trading and FA acquisition..

I didn't think you were the titans ;)

I may not be, I'm jut assuming tbh ( and with the teams that are gone its more and more a big assumption tbh!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Jason Snelling is gonna be on the block for the Falcons. He could be a good starter for a lot of teams. With Jaquizz rodgers and Burner Turner I'm pretty good at RB :) Looking for some oline or Safety

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Colts

Due to my Cap situation I'll definnitely be in the market, my roster has some big holes to fill!

If anyone is interested in any of my players drop me a pm and we'll talk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

For anyone interested in trading, can use this spreadsheet as a rough guide (very rough as it was released August 24th), which has all the player ratings.
    There have been adjustments since then, but easiest thing we have until CCM is setup, and even then will be tough to extract all the data from it as the website is very limited at the moment.
    Hoping for improvement, or maybe LM will get their act together.

As for trading, there are some things I definitely know for the Cowboys:

QB Kyle Orton is available, for someone stuck with a bad situation.

I am looking for interior O-Line help (C, LG, RG in that order)

QB Kyle Orton is available, for someone stuck with a bad situation.

True words!!!

I think we can stick up trade blocks...

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Wanted : QB, WRs and CBs - kind regards, Jeff Ireland aka Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Ariadne Embarrassed Nose

Wanted : QB, WRs and CBs - kind regards, Jeff Ireland aka Me.
    How good a cb are u looking for and what players are you willing to give

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Another word of caution on trading. You need also to take into account the salary structure of the guys you are trading.

The bonus has to be paid by the old team ( cap penalised ) but the contract has to be paid by the new team. You have some very average players on insane annual contracts so know what you are going to have to pay the guy.

Example I have a Centre say rated 82 but who is being paid 6 million a year base salary. Someone else has one rated 74 being paid 1mill base salary. They might get excited at me offering to trade one for another but you got to ask is the 8 points better player worth 5 million per year??

Also I have a CB rated 90 being paid 5million but with 1 year left on his contract. Someone else has a CB rated 80 with 3 years left being paid 1 million. If they are traded the 90 rated player will need his contracted renegotiated....and he might be looking for 8million a year. Is that worth it?

And even more important when you go to renegotiate you only have one chance. When you make an offer the player can accept it, maybe come back and ask for more or say no. If he says no you cannot make another offer and he will tell you he is off to FA. You do have a chance to franchise tag him at the end of the season but that will be for a massive 1 year salary. If you have to get him in FA you will almost certainly pay more than what he was asking for originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Urgently need a QB of overall 70-75. Pm me if anyone is looking to offload some deadwood or willing to make a ( sensible ;)) trade.

Panthers safety play is desperate. I 'll probably need a new fs. Real position of need.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Looking for an 80's QB or an 85+ WR, only thing I really have to offer is Greg Jones my 90 rated full back.

Jones is a monster, but I never seem to run it with him as MJD takes nearly all the run plays, the ones he doesn't go to Rashad Jennings who is actually really good, so Jones is used as a receiver more than anything, and he's a good one at that but he's the only player I can think of that other teams may find attractive and is somewhat expendable to me.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Looking for an 80's QB or an 85+ WR, only thing I really have to offer is Greg Jones my 90 rated full back.

Jones is a monster, but I never seem to run it with him as MJD takes nearly all the run plays, the ones he doesn't go to Rashad Jennings who is actually really good, so Jones is used as a receiver more than anything, and he's a good one at that but he's the only player I can think of that other teams may find attractive and is somewhat expendable to me.

Hey mate.. i would be interested in Jones as i've been really trying to use the FB to block for C2J.. I will be using Locker as my QB so would be prepared to let Hassle go but would need to look at the potential salary cap implications.

Also you may not want to let him go to a divisional rival

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hey mate.. i would be interested in Jones as i've been really trying to use the FB to block for C2J.. I will be using Locker as my QB so would be prepared to let Hassle go but would need to look at the potential salary cap implications.

Also you may not want to let him go to a divisional rival

I wouldn't be against trading with you, but I'm not a big fan of Matt Hasslebeck at all, although he's an 85 I've had a glance at his stats and he isn't that much of an improvement on Henne/Gabbert.

That said I'll have a quick play with him and see how he feels, I've had an offer of Kyle Orton from BigBadRob aswell although I don't really fancy him either, I'll play with the 2 of them and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Mikey if you go ahead with one of those two trades I'd be willing to pick up henne or gabbert off of ya for another trade. no point in having all 3 ;)

Lads just to echo what berty said.. you really need to practice the trading or you may end up at the send of S1 unable to trade due to being over your cap.

For those with a lot of cap room it's less of an issue but just be warned!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

What are the repercussions of being over your cap?
    Is it just limited to not be allowed to trade the following season?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Ariadne Embarrassed Nose

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    What are the repercussions of being over your cap?
    Is it just limited to not be allowed to trade the following season?
    You can't b over you may have tO release some of ur better players

• Advertisement

You can't b over you may have tO release some of ur better players

I think you can be over from what berty said, he signed some fAs in year 1 but in year 2 bigger payments for people on contracts kicked in and pushed him over his cap

Advertisement