Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not receiving emails to @eircom.net address since 31st July

Options
  • 06-09-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've had my eircom.net email address set up to work with Windows Live mail for the past two years or so, and it's worked fine. Just noticed I haven't received any new mails since the 31st July (I don't use the account much). I sent a test mail to it from another account and it didn't go through, and I receive no bounceback email on the other account. Live Mail reports no issues when checking the mail on that account. It's like emails are just vanishing.

I haven't changed the account settings and i've always been on the POP3 server.

Anyone else having similar issues? Is it possible for me to get changed over to the new webmail/IMAP service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Ok. It seems the account was full up - deleted some emails and now i'm receiving new emails. I had assumed they were being POPed but I had the setting to leave mails on the server set.

Other question still stands about moving to IMAP though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Ok. It seems the account was full up - deleted some emails and now i'm receiving new emails. I had assumed they were being POPed but I had the setting to leave mails on the server set.

Other question still stands about moving to IMAP though!

Hi SirLemonhead,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this. There are 2 versions of the email platform, if you are on the older setup I can get it upgraded to the new one for you. These are processed in bulk every 4 weeks so if you PM me the email address in question I'll get you in on the next upgrade.

Regards

James

Advertisement