Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hyosung gt250 mystery

• 06-09-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭

hey there
    last week my bike cut out at some lights in ballymun and wouldn't start. i got a truck out thinking it would need to be towed but he jumped it, got it running and i brought it to the garage. i explained to the mechanic that the foot brake had been keeping the brake light on and i figured the regulator was gone so he fixed the brake pedal and checked the battery and regulator, both seemed to be fine and i collected the bike the same day and it was running fine.

i drove to ashbourne after picking up the bike and it was running great. when i got off i checked the bike to see if any of the lights were staying on just in case. all seemed fine.

anyway the next morning it wouldn't start again so i jumped it again and left it running before setting off but halfway down the n2 the bike lost power and cut out. i got it towed to the garage where it still wont start. the mechanic has put a new battery into the bike and it still wont start. he IS getting a spark and has checked the fuel pump because it is EFI. I am sure he has done all the usual checks but i am not a mechanic and don't know what else he would have checked. he doesn't think its the regulator anyway.

the only thing i can think of is, i jumped it from a car battery and it might have done damage(i couldn't bump start it)

so does anyone have any idea what checks could be done or what could be wrong with it. i know these bikes can be troublesome and wonder if anyone has had the same problem. i am trying to get advice off bikeworld because they import the bikes but the guy who looks after the hyosungs is off sick.

any help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

Check the wires to the ignition barrel, i had to fix one on a mates gt250 not that long ago, bike wasn't very old but was full of corrosion

Advertisement