Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farter or Fartee?

• 06-09-2012 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭

Going to sleep in the bed last night after an indian meal, I let one rip and as customary shook the quilt to relieve the pleasant odour upwards.
    Herself got quite agitated at this and slunk off to the spare bed in a huff, cue the argument this morning that it should've been me that got evicted to the spare room.
    I don't see what the problem is tbh-I got there first with my fart and give me anything hot and spicy I'm gonna expel undesirable smells...
    Am I being unreasonable here? Who really should've moved to the other room?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Dutch oven fail tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

your OH should leave you for good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

she slept in the spare bed because of a fart?!?

jesus it must have STANK

• Registered Users Posts: 35 fifipie_d

I have had a few nights where ive had to sleep in the spare room due to himselfs escaped wind. I find it's easier for the victim of the smelly abuse to leave. If i make him get up out of the bed the whole room will get covered in fart. If he stays put, it's usually contained under the duvet. Plus he's usually back to sleep before ive even reached the door haha. I never give out to him about the next day though, we just have a laugh about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just fart in both rooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 McGooeyBum

Could she not have just opened the window for 5 minutes? Surely it wasn't that bad to sleep in another room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

FatherLen wrote: »
    she slept in the spare bed because of a fart?!?

jesus it must have STANK
    McGooeyBum wrote: »
    Could she not have just opened the window for 5 minutes? Surely it wasn't that bad to sleep in another room!

Call me immature but I was quite proud of it- it was rancid:o

Like the fart in two rooms option:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Look men are allowed to let rip but women are not. Age old rule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Isn't this a breach of the "better or worse" clause? Must be a solicitor willing to take this on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

FatherLen wrote: »
    ....jesus it must have STANK

It's well known that a naan filled vindalooed arsé biscuit would shift a wild Grizzly Bear if he was beside you. Something about Indian spices that make bottom burps more potent. Of course once you let rip and bake your chuff puff under a duvet, the high temperature containment area only serves to rancidify said trouser cough and in this case OP's OH would have been well within her rights to kick him out for his anal acoustic shenangans. You'd do well to keep your blanket bombs in check good sir from here on in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 McGooeyBum

staker wrote: »
    Call me immature but I was quite proud of it- it was rancid:o

Like the fart in two rooms option:pac:

Ha! If it was rancid to you then it must have been really bad for her :D
    Next time tell her to open the window and not be such a grumpy fart :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

That's why you should always keep some Fabreeze on the bedside table. After you let one rip, lift the duvet and spray. Prob best to give a double spray in instances like the OP above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

what's the point of the farter going to the next room. They have already contaminated the first room so the fartee has lost the room anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

3 Words.......LAMB ROGAN JOSH :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Did she mark your farts before she left by any chance?

"Nice loud fart but lacked a bit of eggyness for my liking so for that reason I'm only giving it a 7!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

fifipie_d wrote: »
    I have had a few nights where ive had to sleep in the spare room due to himselfs escaped wind.

It didn't escape....it was sent forth into the universe.

It didn't escape....it was sent forth into the universe.

Liberated is the word I'd use!

Remember folks it's better to have an empty house than a bold lodger!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

should have baked it for a while longer then let it go. or added in some ale for a truly eye watering fart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Unless you move to the other room pre-fart, I dont see the point in you moving.
    The room already smells, only way your missus will escape it is she goes to the other room.

Next time, if both of ye are awak, put a worried look on your face, turn to your missus and say,

"Shhhhhhhh, listen, did you hear that?"
    "What?" she whispers
    *Paaaaaaaaaaarp*
    "1-0"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

kfallon wrote: »
    Next time, if both of ye are awak, put a worried look on your face, turn to your missus and say,

"Shhhhhhhh, listen, did you hear that?"
    "What?" she whispers
    *Paaaaaaaaaaarp*
    "1-0"

I'd be afraid of that match going into injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Typical fart world problem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Having given this some serious thought throughout the day, I can now assume that the main reason she took off to the spare room, was because the OP may have a history of following through, with the particular stench triggering bad memories?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

staker wrote: »
    Going to sleep in the bed last night after an indian meal, I let one rip and as customary shook the quilt to relieve the pleasant odour upwards.
    Herself got quite agitated at this and slunk off to the spare bed in a huff, cue the argument this morning that it should've been me that got evicted to the spare room.

I don't see what the problem is tbh-I got there first with my fart and give me anything hot and spicy I'm gonna expel undesirable smells...
    Am I being unreasonable here? Who really should've moved to the other room?

Jesus, drama much?

Tell her she always farts in her sleep. And they're the wet ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

Your OH switching rooms i get, the starting on you over it this morning seems to be a bit much to me though.
    Is it wrong that i now want Indian for dinner tonight now? Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

She seems like no fun at all.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,592 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ah jesus, if that was my moth, she'd have moved out YEARS ago! The trick to do is fart out in the landing, then the moment you get into bed, fart. She will flee into another trumpet mist and wont be able to escape

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

OP this was your GF way of telling you she doesnt want any kids

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Whenever I fancy a girl that I'm never gonna get I just imagine her doing a rancid fart and I'm usually put off after that.

Thats my take on the matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Is there a third option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

your lucky you had a quilt and a spare bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

do a devils banquet on her next time, that will shut her up. literally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Plazaman wrote: »
    It's well known that a naan filled vindalooed arsé biscuit would shift a wild Grizzly Bear if he was beside you. Something about Indian spices that make bottom burps more potent. Of course once you let rip and bake your chuff puff under a duvet, the high temperature containment area only serves to rancidify said trouser cough and in this case OP's OH would have been well within her rights to kick him out for his anal acoustic shenangans. You'd do well to keep your blanket bombs in check good sir from here on in.

Outside of ramming a beer bottle up my arse there was NO keeping that one in the stickhouse last night.
    ejmaztec wrote: »
    Having given this some serious thought throughout the day, I can now assume that the main reason she took off to the spare room, was because the OP may have a history of following through, with the particular stench triggering bad memories?

As I sleep in the nip that thought had occurred to me as soon as it was out. Had a quick check when she left but thankfully no Ferrero Rocher.
    IM0 wrote: »
    OP this was your GF way of telling you she doesnt want any kids
    Too late:p
    do a devils banquet on her next time, that will shut her up. literally

What's this devil's banquet? I'm not going to bed until I find out how much work it involves.
    Fart wrote: »
    Is there a third option?

Keep out of it Fart! You started this shit:mad:

Advertisement