Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone problems - Restore?

• 06-09-2012 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭

So I have been having some issues with my iphone 4. Mainly, the home button works intermittently.

So I would like to try restore it. Stupid question I'm sure, but how do I do it? Do I just erase everything from the phone itself by selecting "erase all contents and settings" and then plug my phone into itunes and restore from backup? Will this restore all my photos/vids also?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

SOLVED THIS ISSUE by holding down the POWER button while it is PLUGGED IN to the charger. You will see the "slide to power off" screen come up, when that happens, start holding down the HOME button at the same time. Trust me. There are a lot of suggestions here which are good but none worked for me. Hope this helps.

I got this on the apple forum awhile ago and it worked for me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Cheers smileyj - but I have already tried this to no avail. I'm sure I need a replacement button but I'm just trying to restore as a last resort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

You could also just go into settings and enable Assistive Touch and use that as a home button . Thats the worst thing about fixing an I Phone it can be expensive .

Yeah have that on it too. Want to get the button working though because I want to sell this when the iphone 5 comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

The usual reason for the home or power button for that matter stopping working is the small dimple which can be seen in the picture below wears off over time and doesn't click in fully when you push it, replacing it is the only sure way to get it working 100%
    4cable.jpg
    If you want to restore the phone, plug it into itunes and right click and select backup.
    now power off the phone and plug the cable out, hold in the power button while plugging back in the phone untill the connect to itunes logo appears, as your home button is dodgy this can be tricky, I think you can just select restore in itunes also

• Advertisement

Thanks Cathal. Yeah, I'm sure I will have to replace the button. A company near Blanchardstown replace it for €24.99 which seems reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Advertisement