Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand Assembly

Options
  • 06-09-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Has anyone had this done?

I work with a bunch of Software Developers and they reckon that a €20 assembly charge is a pretty good price. I'm just wondering about the quality of the assembly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

apparently its not great. €20 is very reasonable, but not if you've to pull it apart again. build it yourself, its most of the fun anyway. if you're in Limerick, I'll give you a hand. if you're in Dublin, Deconduo is always willing to help people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Expect them to mess it up and necessitate some fixing. Still saves a lot of effort tho. If you also pay for windows installation that will at least force them to check that it powers up -.-

Over several commercial orders I saw lots of screwups: They cabled it in such a way as to block the cpu fan, also in other cases not all devices were hooked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I've seen them mess up, a friends cpu cooler wasn't properly seated. There have been posts here about other bad work. You're best off assembling yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

OK thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭TheTacticsGuy

Just ordered my build. Thanks for all the help and guidance cheers :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,383 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

they wont install 3rd market cpu coolers

I had a70 and they wouldnt install it. Stuff about shipping trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

know a lad that got them to build one, must get a few pics of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Easy enough to assemble yourself? :D

Advertisement