Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picnic this weekend - Sunday 9th, Hyde Park, 2pm

Options
  • 06-09-2012 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey people,

I've been here about a month. Working ,and now living, in Shoreditch. The weather has been really great lately. It occurred to me that a picnic or at least a meetup in one of Londons lovely parks would be good craic.

Sunshine, a football, a frisbee, new friends...you know the drill.

It might be good for people who arent big drinkers or aren't really into the pub thing either.

Who'd be interested in this? I know people are notoriously busy here but would this weekend be a runner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

wordisbond wrote: »
    Hey people,

I've been here about a month. Working ,and now living, in Shoreditch. The weather has been really great lately. It occurred to me that a picnic or at least a meetup in one of Londons lovely parks would be good craic.

It might be good for people who arent big drinkers or aren't really into the pub thing either.

Who'd be interested in this? I know people are notoriously busy here but would this weekend be a runner?
    This is just the type of thing I'm after OP, this weekend tho is the Boyfs birthday so not 100% sure we're free, but perhaps on the Sunday if I can persuade him to spend his bday with boardsies! Def another weekend tho.. We are east too.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Don't forget it's the Mayor's Thames Festival this weekend; there might be something interesting on that you can dovetail with this picnic idea :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

It sounds fab, but I'm getting my Grease on all weekend (well, dishing out food to the revellers).

We should def do a sporty picnic sometime though (before the weather gets too cold) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

wordisbond wrote: »
    Hey people,

What day did you have in mind?

Myself and gf would be on for it, providing the time suits. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 33 wordisbond

fluke wrote: »
    What day did you have in mind?

Myself and gf would be on for it, providing the time suits. PM me

I'm guessing a Sunday would probably suit most people best. From the looks of it only a handful of peeps would be available. My own fault for not getting my brain in gear sooner.

I'll send you my number in a pm Fluke anyway and i'll give ya a shout.

If anybody else is up for this idea PM me and i'll send you on my number. If we can't get somethin sorted for this weekend I'll try get somethin similar for the following.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I'd be up for this on a Sunday. Give me a shout/pm if anything is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Woolly_Jumper

Hey I am up for a picnic! :cool: though depends on the time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Choccie Lover

Sounds totally up my street too.

Have a friend visiting from Ireland today though, so anticipate a bit of a hangover tomorrow. Hoping to do a few touristy things in the morning, but we might be able to pop by in the afternoon.

Will keep an eye on the thread...... but defo up for a picnic some other weekend if the weather holds out. :D

Hyde park tomorrow 2pm?

I was in Victoria Park today and it was great. Hyde park I'd presume would be easier for people to get to though because of tube links. It's a bit of a walk from Mile end to Victoria PK as well.

I'm gonna head over to Hyde park tomorrow at this time. Anybody that wants to head over I'll be about. Give me a pm and I'll shoot ya a text to my/our whereabouts.

I'm gonna bring a couple of beers and maybe my ipod and speaker cos I'm raaaale cool. If anyone has a football or frisbee bring it along too ;)

I also here there are fireworks tomorrow night because of the Thames festival so that might be cool after.

Hope to see you all there and can somebody schticky this thread and rename it:

PICNIC MEETUP Sun 9th/Sep Hyde Park 2pm!

Sound!

P.S. I just realised I've to go to Ireland next weekend for a christening but I'm sure the rest of yez could get something together like this in my absence. We'll see how tomorrow goes anyway.

Looks like I'll have to cancel this one peeps. Not enough people.

I'll try to get something similar sorted soon though.

;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement