Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom has stolen me as a customer

Options
  • 06-09-2012 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

On the 20th of July someone came to the door offering a deal to move to Eircom, we went along with it and we were told that we had 7 days to cancel if we wanted. Our own provider (Vodafone) gave us a much better offer so we decided to stay with them and we rang Eircom within the 7 days and cancelled the move to Eircom.

Today we recieved a bill from Eircom, we rang Eircom and they told us we are their customer and have to pay, we have also already paid Vodafone for the same period. We are in a 12 month contract with Vodafone and now Eircom are trying to say that we are also in a 12 month contract with them. Eircom are trying to say they can sort it but that we still have to pay line rental to them even though we have already paid line rental to vodafone for the last month. We have cancelled the Switch to Eircom within the 7 day cooling off period so we wont be paying anything.

Hopefully someone can sort this here because you customer service staff are rude arogant and a disaster to deal with. We canceled the move to Eircom, Eircom messed up and they expect us to pay them, its crazy.

Eircom say we are getting the service from them but I have tested the broadbnd and I am getting the 24mb I am paying for from Vodafone and not the 8mb Eircom were offering so we are clearly not getting out service from Eircom.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

If you signed something and gave your account number you are in two parallel and equally valid contracts. One with eircom and one with Vodafone.

Your only get out is if the eircom salesman misled you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    If you signed something you are in two parallel and equally valid contracts. One with eircom and one with Vodafone.

Your only get out is if the eircom salesman misled you.

We cancelled the switch to Eircom within the 7 day cooling off period and the Ericom support rep has acknowledged that. So were not in a contract with Eircom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Fair enough so. You are not in a contract with eircom then. :)

We got a call back from Vadafone saying that Eircom has a barring order on the line to stop it changing between networks and Eircom also have a request in with Vodafone to take control of the phone and broadband service which Vodafone didn't let them do.

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Fair enough so. You are not in a contract with eircom then. :)

But they still want us to pay, and the guy on the phone said "I know you cancelled during the cooling off period but you are an Eircom customer now". So basically Eircom tried to take the service from Vodafone without permission and Eircom are sending us bills even though Vodafone is providing the service.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Threaten eircom with comreg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Don't threathen them with it, go straight to comreg. Eircom are nothing but scumbags, Im counting down the days until Im no longer in a contract with them because they are the most infuriating unprofessional rude incompetent staff I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with.

Its somewhat sorted, Eircom said they will cancel the change and credit the account to cover the bill but I get the feeling this wont be the end of it, things with Eircom have never gone right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

As others have said, do not threaten with comreg. Just make a complaint to Comreg. Even if it's solved, make a complaint to comreg. Imagine if this happened to an elderly person who might not be able to resolve the issue themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

GarIT wrote: »
    We cancelled the switch to Eircom within the 7 day cooling off period and the Ericom support rep has acknowledged that. So were not in a contract with Eircom.

Hi GarIT

If this was cancelled within the 7 day cooling off period you should definitely not be charged and should be allowed out of contract. Could you PM me your account number and full name? I can chase this for you and ensure we do get this right for you.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭celt262

I have a month to wait then i am free from Eircom :)

Hi GarIT

If this was cancelled within the 7 day cooling off period you should definitely not be charged and should be allowed out of contract. Could you PM me your account number and full name? I can chase this for you and ensure we do get this right for you.
    Tony

I think its mainly sorted, if you want I can send the account number once I'm home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

GarIT wrote: »
    I think its mainly sorted, if you want I can send the account number once I'm home.

Happy to hear this GarIT, but I can certainly ensure all is as you were advised and again please accept our apologies for the frusdtration and time this has caused.

Will investigate once I have your details.
    Thanks
    Tony

Advertisement