Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time means no pay on b hol?

Options
  • 06-09-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So here is the thing,

The accountant aproached me today and she said that for a bank holiday (first monday in august) I been paid ,but im not supposed to be paid for it ? When i asked her why ,she said that ur contract says 24hrs a week so 7,5 hour pay is too much for ya or somthin ...

My question : If u are working part time ,u are gettin less for a bank holiday?

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If you have worked for your employer at least 40 hours in the 5 weeks before the public holiday and the public holiday falls on a day you normally work you are entitled to a day's pay for the public holiday. If you are required to work that day you are entitled to an additional day's pay.

If you do not normally work on that particular day you should receive one-fifth of your weekly pay. Even if you may never be rostered to work on a public holiday you are entitled to one-fifth of your weekly pay as compensation for the public holiday.

In all of the above situations your employer may choose to give you paid time off instead of pay for the public holiday.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/employment/employment_rights_and_conditions/leave_and_holidays/public_holidays_in_ireland.html

Advertisement