Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent in advance and moving out?

Options
  • 06-09-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

I hope someone can help!

I paid a months rent in advance and a deposit on November 10th last year and signed a 12 month lease.

I want to move out this coming November and was wondering if October 10th would be the last rent payment (that would be 12 months rent paid) and then i'd give the landlord one months notice, or would rent also be due in November?

Thanx in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Raladic

Yes October 10th is the last Rent to pay as this will be the 12th time of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 nataliewalsh9

Thank you for your reply :)

So this means that I can stay in the property for some part of November (up to but not including the 10th) while I look for a place, providing I give the landlord notice, and the rent would be paid for that time because it was paid in October?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Thank you for your reply :)

So this means that I can stay in the property for some part of November (up to but not including the 10th) while I look for a place, providing I give the landlord notice, and the rent would be paid for that time because it was paid in October?

Yea that's correct make sure to let LL know so they can't pull a fast one and keep ur deposit

edellc wrote: »
    Yea that's correct make sure to let LL know so they can't pull a fast one and keep ur deposit

I see, just thought I'd check! I have also text the landlord to confirm it for me, but she said she had to check it on her file which I thought odd as surely she deals with this all the time, being a letting agent! Anywayz, thank you both for your replies, i'll be sure to give the required notice as I do need the deposit back! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

I see, just thought I'd check! I have also text the landlord to confirm it for me, but she said she had to check it on her file which I thought odd as surely she deals with this all the time, being a letting agent! Anywayz, thank you both for your replies, i'll be sure to give the required notice as I do need the deposit back! :)

If you had a fixed term lease, you don't have to give notice as the lease expires on a certain date. However, it is polite to advise a landlord that you are leaving.

If a tenant wants to stay at the end of a fixed term, he should advise his landlord between 3 months and 1 month before expiry of the lease or the tenant may be liable for the landlords expenses if he has advertised the property for rent after the lease expires.

As for agents, they are a pretty useless lot, in general. However, an agent probably won't remember all the details of all their rental properties and would have to look up the file for any particular property.

• Advertisement

Thanx so much for the info :)

And you're right I suppose they can't be expected to remember everything, it's just I told her I paid in advance and included the dates so I expected a quick response but it'll be fine I hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 titan1892

hey all need advice asap im 24 nd im tryna move 2 cork but im only gettin jobseekers nd i dunno wot 2 do or where 2 go bout rent allowance or deposits can sum1 pls help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

everything you need for rent allowance is on here, read it through and follow the links on the page

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

when you move to cork you need to find your own accommodation or at least view one that is within the limits for the area and your situation and get the landlord to hold it for you (how you do this with no deposit is your own business - get a loan off a friend or bank or whoever),

then visit the CWO let them know that you need help with a deposit, you may or may not get this its at the CWO discretion and isnt a given if you do get then pay back the person you borrowed from, if you dont get then your just going to have to pay it back out of your dole

the CWO will arrange to view the property to make sure it is suitable, they also give you the forms you need to fill out to apply for RS..then the onus is on you, to fill out the forms and get all the documents that are required and return the forms to the CWO who will process the claim, you will get a letter to say if you are accepted for rent allowance, how much and when to collect it

AS for your SW go to the local office tell them you relocated you have to have proof of your new address - your lease should be fine, you nominate the post office nearest to you to get your welfare into, again they tell you when to collect

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

titan1892 wrote: »
    hey all need advice asap im 24 nd im tryna move 2 cork but im only gettin jobseekers nd i dunno wot 2 do or where 2 go bout rent allowance or deposits can sum1 pls help

If you wish to continue posting in this forum- desist from using text speech- there are lots of people out there who haven't got a clue what you've just posted..........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

titan1892 wrote: »

Aaaaah you've given me a migraine :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement