Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapped modules-'provisional'

Options
  • 06-09-2012 8:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭

I see a 'provisional' beside the module I've switched into(Im now doing Spanish as opposed to geography as i failed all modules last semester) what does the 'provisional' mean?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

EdenHazard wrote: »
    I see a 'provisional' beside the module I've switched into(Im now doing Spanish as opposed to geography as i failed all modules last semester) what does the 'provisional' mean?

Is this an elective your talking about? Is provisional as electives are not decided until Saturday. All electives are provisional unless they are in-programme (from the subjects you are doing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Well no I went to the programme office and he told me that I had to manually replace the subjects I wanted from the electives menu. I'm doing arts btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭tgdaly

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Well no I went to the programme office and he told me that I had to manually replace the subjects I wanted from the electives menu. I'm doing arts btw.

Do you mean exactly? That your are trying to swap out of geography as part of your degree and replace it with Spanish?

yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Have you completed the two core for Spanish? If you did there should have been an option to take Spanish in your Subject/Stream.
    If not, I don't see how you can take Spanish as part of your degree.

• Advertisement

What you mean? I'm doing it as part of arts, I failed all my geography modules last year and am still in first year(or stage x) I've decided I wanna swap Geography and do Spanish. The the guy at the programme office just told me to select the spanish modules from stage 1 and ignore the repeat/resit for geography.
    What is the procedure meant to be for swapping modules in arts?

So your repeating a year and kicking Geography in favour of Spanish?
    Your not changing electives but core/option modules?

The only reason I can think of that its saying provisional is that incoming 1st years get preference over you. I'd speak to the Program office or the School of Languages about it to see if you can get place rather than waiting.

Cool yeah exactly I'm changing my core module Geography to Spanish. I think that is the reason(first year preference), gonna shoot them an e-mail, any idea of what I should say?

Just explain your situation and that the program office told your to change the modules, but your concerned about the provisional status and if that means you won't get a place. Best do it sooner rather than later. The module registration closes this evening I think.

Advertisement