Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

playstation 3

Options
  • 06-09-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

anyone know what the story is with ps3 in oz and online play im just wondering if its worth my while posting mine over

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 johnoc353

If your ps3 is region free then yea post it, if not i don't know if the games will work. PS3's are steep enough here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I got mine shipped a while back, not a bother on it, though some DVDs don't work, all games and blurays have been fine so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Essien wrote: »
    I got mine shipped a while back, not a bother on it, though some DVDs don't work, all games and blurays have been fine so far.

Thi is because both EU and Australia is on PAL so all PAL games bought in either EU or Australia will work on a console bought in either continent.

I wish I could give u a 100% answer on the PS3 online play. But the PS network on the PSVita works on an EU account in Australia. I'm guessing the PS3 is the same an u can play online on EU servers in Australia as long as its an EU account.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭karl bracken

PS3 will play all games no matter where there from PAL and all that is gone with the Indians as far as games are concerned, you may have a problem registering the games online because some of the online stuff has regions.
    I had this problem with Tiger Woods, an American game in an Irish PS3 located in Oz. You just create a new user on the PS3 and select the region where the game is from and register it then just play as usual with your normal logon
    The lag playing COD with the lads at home on European servers is a pain it can be slow i always had one bar of connection with an 11meg connection plugged straight into my modem

Advertisement