Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Project 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Project finished! This basically sums up how I feel right now!

227779_582268808466231_1907272719_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Comer1 wrote: »
    "As examination candidate numbers will not be available at this time, students should use their name and date of birth as a means of identification on their design portfolio and on the main folder contained on the CD. The name of this folder should be in the following format “DCG SA 2012 (Student Name Date of birth)”. E.g. “DCG SA 2012 (John Smith 04-07-1994)”. Please note the use of dashes in the date of birth format."

This is taken from the official department circular and would suggest to me that the CD should be burned now.

I didn't mean don't burn the CD you have to have the CD burned by tomorrow I was referring to writing anything on the front of the CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I still have two outputs to do tomorrow, the race is oooon :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eoinryan8975

you know the photorealistic we have to put on the CD in the drawings section is it the page we have in our porfolio of just all the Jpegs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Ugh.. spent till like 12 last night finishing my output 7...

Looked at it this morning and it looks so bad that I'm gonna have to redo it :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Comer1

you know the photorealistic we have to put on the CD in the drawings section is it the page we have in our porfolio of just all the Jpegs

It's saved as part of your assembly. Open your Assemble, and go to "File - Pack and Go" making sure all boxes are ticked at the top of the dialog box. Browse for the Folder for Part A that you will be burning to CD. Do the same for Part B. This should also include any working drawings (but not always so make sure they are there. You will have to save the Edrawing separately as Pack & Go does not include that.

Once you have burned your CD, it's a good idea to go to a PC you haven't used before and log on as a different user. Make sure your assembly and drawings open on that PC from the CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SlapAScreenOn

DCG teacher just told me to slap a screen on it.....Do I have time.? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

DCG teacher just told me to slap a screen on it.....Do I have time.? :/
    what do you mean

Thank f*ck I never have to sit through another one of the f*cking renders again YEEEEEEEEEEEOW

what do you mean

He told me to put a touchscreen on so my new concept looked more modern!!! All done now though THANK F*** :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Thank f*ck I never have to sit through another one of the f*cking renders again YEEEEEEEEEEEOW

Lemme guess, you did 1080p, highest quality render? Did mine in 640p, good quality, 8 pictures done in one class...

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Lemme guess, you did 1080p, highest quality render? Did mine in 640p, good quality, 8 pictures done in one class...

Done the same...couldn't understand why people were doing it in 1080p highest quality...

Okay everyone put down your pens! Time is up! I assume everyone has everything scanned, burned and bound?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'm fierce tempted to throw up a picture of my lectern but I might face the wrath of the Gods/mods......

• Registered Users Posts: 25 iRooter

Just realised i forgot to put my rendered pictorial for output 9 on my cd.... what can i do ?

iRooter wrote: »
    Just realised i forgot to put my rendered pictorial for output 9 on my cd.... what can i do ?

To put it bluntly, nothing, if the SEC see that you've fiddled with your CD after yesterday (they can tell the date when files were last modified on it) they can width hold your results, just leave it and hope they don't penalise you!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 iRooter

I have the sheet in the bounded folder though just not on the cd !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Please people, think before posting.
    Advocating fraud will get the SEC knocking on boards.ie's doors again.

Just about managed to get it all done yesterday, the relief I felt was incredible :P

Did the actual exploded view go into the portfolio ????

• Advertisement

Did the actual exploded view go into the portfolio ????

Which one do you mean?

Had we to include an exploded views from both the original (A) and new concept/modification (B) in the portfolio ???????

Had we to include an exploded views from both the original (A) and new concept/modification (B) in the portfolio ???????

I think it was only compulsory for Part A, and optional for Part B, but i might be wrong.

I did it for both but we arn't printing till monday, what did you save them as, solidwrx. ?

I did it for both but we arn't printing till monday, what did you save them as, solidwrx. ?

Oh, i did the exploded views on the drawing sheets, like the orthographic and stuff, i think that's what you're meant to do? Are we allowed print after the deadline? Mine was all printed and bound yesterday :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bigt132

Would you say they'd be that strict as to when it was scanned and burned on cd? Cos I haven't edited any solidworks parts or anything since the 17th but the scanner and computer we were using went at a highly slow rate and struggled to work properly several times, so I got the scanning done on Friday but had to come in on Saturday to burn it onto the cd.. And I wouldn't want to be losing marks needlessly on stuff like this!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

bigt132 wrote: »
    Would you say they'd be that strict as to when it was scanned and burned on cd? Cos I haven't edited any solidworks parts or anything since the 17th but the scanner and computer we were using went at a highly slow rate and struggled to work properly several times, so I got the scanning done on Friday but had to come in on Saturday to burn it onto the cd.. And I wouldn't want to be losing marks needlessly on stuff like this!

If that is the case, your school will be able to confirm you were there on the Saturday, should there be a problem. They can also confirm the issue with the equipment, which really should have been checked before anyone did exam work on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bigt132

spurious wrote: »

If that is the case, your school will be able to confirm you were there on the Saturday, should there be a problem. They can also confirm the issue with the equipment, which really should have been checked before anyone did exam work on it.
    Thanks for the reply, yeah it's just that I'm getting a little worried as a previous post said that if the cd wasn't burned by Friday the project may be disqualified and I'm not sure how strict examiners will be regarding the dates/times of the scans and cd burning, my teacher said it should be fine as long as none of the solidworks had been edited after the 18th but again I don't know. And regarding the equipment problem it may have been because there are around 25 of us in the class all using it which may have been the cause of it slowing down and not responding some of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heljic

bigt132 wrote: »
    .. it should be fine as long as none of the solidworks had been edited after the 18th ..

Exactly. That was a key element that needed to be done by the 18th .. I've pretty much completed mine, but it has yet to be burned onto a disc.

I put my name & date of birth on the front page and on a few of the SolidWorks drawing pages, since we don't have our exam numbers yet. It'll most likely go out like that regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Hypothetically speaking one could change the date of their computer, edit the files and burn to disk. But I wouldn't advise any sort of fraud. Down with that sort of thing.

Advertisement