Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Project 2013

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

We got our exam numbers btw, you're should be available too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Heljic

Methememb wrote: »
    Hypothetically speaking one could change the date of their computer, edit the files and burn to disk. But I wouldn't advise any sort of fraud. Down with that sort of thing.

That can be, but who'd risk it. I have mine complete thankfully. The dates on SolidWorks parts and materials are fixed, cannot be changed I think.
    We got our exam numbers btw, you're should be available too.

Depending on how quickly they reach schools, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Seems like a good few people here are screwed... Names and DOB's on them??? Plus not all the files on the CD. Good luck lads. I'll leave this here for educational info. FYI I dropped DCG, my teacher was about as useful as tits on a bull. http://www.foryoursoft.com/fpedit/index.htm

Seems like a good few people here are screwed... Names and DOB's on them??? Plus not all the files on the CD. Good luck lads. I'll leave this here for educational info. FYI I dropped DCG, my teacher was about as useful as tits on a bull. http://www.foryoursoft.com/fpedit/index.htm

According to our teacher, they advised us to put that on until the exam numbers come out. And when they do, it'll get written onto the disc itself. Seems like they are if the project isn't done by now. As long as I get a decent grade, no complaints will be made when appeals time comes around haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭seavill

Heljic wrote: »
    Exactly. That was a key element that needed to be done by the 18th .. I've pretty much completed mine, but it has yet to be burned onto a disc.

I put my name & date of birth on the front page and on a few of the SolidWorks drawing pages, since we don't have our exam numbers yet. It'll most likely go out like that regardless.

I don't mean to worry anyone or anything but people are taking their own reading of the instructions here. The instructions said the project must be completed by 18th. Not the solidworks must be completed and sure dont worry about the rest complete it whenever. Nothing you can do about it now but people should be wary about taking such advice.
    Obviously a malfunction with the school printer/scanner etc. cannot be helped in certain circumstances and I'm sure the schools would report this on submission of projects but in general I certainly wouldn't go past the deadline

The instructions from the SEC was to put Names and DOB on each sheet this is perfectly acceptable and it is expected

• Advertisement

seavill wrote: »
    I don't mean to worry anyone or anything but people are taking their own reading of the instructions here. The instructions said the project must be completed by 18th. Not the solidworks must be completed and sure dont worry about the rest complete it whenever. Nothing you can do about it now but people should be wary about taking such advice.
    Obviously a malfunction with the school printer/scanner etc. cannot be helped in certain circumstances and I'm sure the schools would report this on submission of projects but in general I certainly wouldn't go past the deadline

The instructions from the SEC was to put Names and DOB on each sheet this is perfectly acceptable and it is expected

I'm in the clear, done and dusted on the 18th. Pulled two all-nighters prior to get it completed.

Wouldn't be a wise idea using advocated advice on this thread, the brief was clear about it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bigt132

Yeah I was done on the 17th but there was a long queue for people using the scanner and printer on the same computer so only managed to get it scanned on Friday and burned on cd on Saturday. Sadly the examiners would have no idea about that so I don't really know what'll happen... wow this is turning into a bit of a weird dcg related sob story :P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

My advice to people would be to chill :p The deadlines over, there's nothing that can be done project wise now, so you'd be best to focus on preparing for the written exam, flying through past exam questions etc. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 bigt132

curly135 wrote: »
    My advice to people would be to chill :p The deadlines over, there's nothing that can be done project wise now, so you'd be best to focus on preparing for the written exam, flying through past exam questions etc. :pac:
    Ah yeah, but it would be nice to know whether your potential 40% is actually still fully intact or not :P

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

bigt132 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, but it would be nice to know whether your potential 40% is actually still fully intact or not :P

Suppose 'twould be handy to know :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Barster

so now that the project is over and done with , how does everybody think they did? are ye happy with ye're projects?

hoping for an A myself and my teacher marked mine as an A but trusting his judgement isnt much to go by :P

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I'm hoping for the A, I was pretty happy with how the project turned out, maybe 38/39 out of the 40 hopefully, now I just have to get through the exam in June, curse you oblique plane :v

I'm pretty sure everyone in their right mind will hope for an A :D expectations versus reality, people.

Heljic wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure everyone in their right mind will hope for an A :D expectations versus reality, people.

Ah, let us hope, the LC is a scary thing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eoinryan8975

Ok ok ok, help. You know the CD and the folder called drawings in part A and B are they saved as ''soldwrx.'' or PDF HELP

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

PDF :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Now the dcg mock in one week... disaster...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Now the dcg mock in one week... disaster...

I'm telling ya! I was trying to do an interpenetration question today, I couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it, and only top of that I had the speed of an old granny drawing!

Does anyone else find that they forget drawing concepts in DCG much faster than in other subjects like maths?

I'm telling ya! I was trying to do an interpenetration question today, I couldn't for the life of me remember how to do it, and only top of that I had the speed of an old granny drawing!

Does anyone else find that they forget drawing concepts in DCG much faster than in other subjects like maths?

i haven't seen the syllabus since before last summer so i basically have to do the whole course in the week. Our teacher is being a bitch too she is not givning any hints. if she wasn't so attractive I would have told her wear to shove it with her subject last year!

i haven't seen the syllabus since before last summer so i basically have to do the whole course in the week. Our teacher is being a bitch too she is not givning any hints. if she wasn't so attractive I would have told her wear to shove it with her subject last year!

A female DCG teacher, I find that hard to envisage! She must be in the minority!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

A female DCG teacher, I find that hard to envisage! She must be in the minority!

I've seen a female DCG teacher before, however an attractive DCG teacher is hard to believe! :confused:

I am reporting you to the SEC...jk

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You don't have to.
    Not a joke sadly, unlike someone who on a public forum spills the beans.

Really, you have to wonder about some people.

spurious wrote: »
    You don't have to.
    Not a joke sadly, unlike someone who on a public forum spills the beans.

Really, you have to wonder about some people.

Spurious, always a pleasure .. yeah some people across the country could get a fright in august

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have warned people a number of times that the SEC have already contacted boards about these threads discussing project work, but it's like they don't listen.

*shakes head*

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thebigbickman

Best of luck to everyone on the project :)

so anyone got any tips for the mocks im awfully f*cked

Best of luck to everyone on the project :)

so anyone got any tips for the mocks im awfully f*cked

As my teacher always used say for JC, and the same applies for the LC, 2 half drawings are worth more than one full drawing. Don't spend all your time trying to get out one drawing perfectly and leave no time for the other, good timing is essential, know when you have to move on with a drawing!

Am I the only one who hasn't the DCG course covered? We have section A and B done, but section C, we just started one of the questions last week, I won't be able to finish the mock paper, I'll have to leave a question out :l

You won't be the only one as people spent their time on their project.
    Don't worry. The main thing is to have it covered by June.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one who hasn't the DCG course covered? We have section A and B done, but section C, we just started one of the questions last week, I won't be able to finish the mock paper, I'll have to leave a question out :l

I wouldn't worry hugely if you don't have it done yet, we only have one our two questions done for section C, but you've plenty of time to finish it for the real thing, not to worry!

Advertisement