Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irelands scumbag families

• 06-09-2012 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I was reading the evening herald the other day and came across a very interesting story of a father of 2 who was acquitted of charges of beating his pregnant ex. He was cleared because his parents gave him an alibi for the night in question. I had personal dealing with this thug and his fond fists a few years ago with another ex (my ohs best friend). His family know what he is like and still cover for him. If that was a son of mine id not only beat him id hand him into the gaurds myself

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

louthguy25 wrote: »
    I was reading the evening herald the other day

You lost me there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

OP didn't say he was relying on the Herald for info, he knew the guy himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Blood is thicker than water

This is a story about one guy, disguised as a discussion about guys of his "type"?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭louthguy25

This is a story about one guy, disguised as a discussion about guys of his "type"?

Its is not just about him i clearly state at the end of the post that id never tolerate that behaviour of any of kids id have, its just an example that i know very well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

so you want C4 to follow you while you dish out a time and place to badder him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

louthguy25 wrote: »
    I was reading the evening herald the other day and came across a very interesting story of a father of 2 who was acquitted of charges of beating his pregnant ex. He was cleared because his parents gave him an alibi for the night in question. I had personal dealing with this thug and his fond fists a few years ago with another ex (my ohs best friend). His family know what he is like and still cover for him. If that was a son of mine id not only beat him id hand him into the gaurds myself

Makes Thread about Scumbag Families
    Claims he'd beat his son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

There was a story here before about a guy who turned his two kids (teens) into the cops because they assaulted someone.
    The majority of the posts were basically "he did the right thing".

I'd wager the same thing will apply here; he should be locked up for assault.

But scumbags are still scumbags. So it might be the family are scumbags protecting another scumbag.
    Or it might just be that they don't believe he could have done it.
    Or he could just be loved and they'll protect the family members.

Perfect example of why I believe anyone with multiple convictions should be ''deactivated'' in a reintroduction sense.
    Bad parents raise bad children(only for the Government support) who in turn cause more grief to society and go onto reproduce plenty more problems.

Having a child shouldn't be a right. It should be a birth right but with the possibility of removing it from somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭stmol32

I might be getting the wrong end of the stick here but are you saying you know he wasn't with his parents that night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭OnTheCounter

Perfect example of why I believe anyone with multiple convictions should be ''deactivated'' in a reintroduction sense.
    Bad parents raise bad children(only for the Government support) who in turn cause more grief to society and go onto reproduce plenty more problems.

Having a child shouldn't be a right. It should be a birth right but with the possibility of removing it from somebody.
    great phrase.

they do that to sex offenders in some countries.

we give them bail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

^ So now enforced surgical mutilation is an acceptable way of dealing with a problem?
    This site is starting to depress the absolute crap out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think bullets would be cheaper tbh. Takes far less training to be able to shoot a gun than wield a scalpel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

wprathead wrote: »
    Makes Thread about Scumbag Families
    Claims he'd beat his son

Maybe if certain scumbags had indeed received a beating in earlier life, they wouldn't have turned out to be, well, scumbags.

I'm not saying that parents should go around clattering their kids every day, but sometimes it's the only way to teach someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Totes agree, Op. I think we can all agree that only scum read the herald!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

^ So now enforced surgical mutilation is an acceptable way of dealing with a problem?
    This site is starting to depress the absolute crap out of me.
    Of course, you have a practical alternative to suggest - you are just keeping it to yourself. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I once heard of someone committing a crime too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Thread title is an up-and-coming TV3 investigate journalism showpiece.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Agree - but watch out for the "the every sperm is sacred" & "the right to procreate" advocates. I would take it a step further and insist that people require certification as to fitness as a parent. It's done with adopted children - why do all children not have similar protection and prevent the taxpayer having to clean up the mess of bad parenting. In fact why not make unmediated and uncertified parenting a crime. I can't just go out and grab a child and claim I am doing my best and don't mind that I can't afford to feed / cloth / mind it because of my drug addiction / scumbag mentality....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭KMFCross

But Oil is thicker then both :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So is oil. What's your point?

Personally I have no problem with writing off a family member if they are a cnut. I'd find it harder to write off a friend given I choose to have them in my life. .

Advertisement