Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need land marked and valued

Options
  • 06-09-2012 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone in the Mayo area to mark out and value a piece of land?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

If it helps.....

I think you are talking about 2 different occupations. The estate agent values, and the land engineer measures and marks.

I bought a small parcel of land over near Ballina a couple of years ago and thats how it was arranged. The engineer was contracted by the estate agent to accurately measure and ensure the area matches land registry records and mark precisely the boundaries. In my case they didn't and I had to get a letter from a neighbouring farmer confirming a change in boundaries.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Agree with Toptec.

Also check fences are up, and for gates or stiles which may indicae a right of way.

There are suitable engineers and valuers in each town. Your solicitor will be able to recommend,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Fox and Gallagher who have offices in Ballina do both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Thanks for the replies. I thought the two could be done by the same person. Not to informed about this kind of thing.
    My Dad is trying to transfer a site over to me and I need to get this done first.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

You may need someone who is chartered to get it certified as a new site for a new folio. Regular estate agents cant do that just value it. You can check chartered surveyors in your area here,

http://www.scsi.ie/surveyors/surveyors_search

Your solicitor should be able to tell you what is exactly needed as this is a standard transfer. Most land in mayo is valued at 5-8K for agri, 8/10 very top for great land. Standard value for a site with planning at the moment is maybe 20k for a 0.5 acre site but it will depend on location and existing planning and restrictions in the area etc.

best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement