Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Right, time to build a server jail house :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Oh I'm already on it....MWUUUUHAHAHAHAA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Needs factions.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Is there a dyn map for the server ? :)

kingtut wrote: »
    Is there a dyn map for the server ? :)

http://188.165.244.23:8123/#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

jujumushu wrote: »

Great, thank you so much !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Something wrong with the server? Have been trying to connect to it for a while but I can't get in. Spent an hour earlier working on it and lost connection to the server and at that point, I was killed by a mob and lost all of my inventory and someone stole half of it and left the rest in the box...

When you say someone "stole" half of it...was there anyone even near you at the time? As I'm not sure if you're aware that if the chunk is loaded, your items will despawn after 5 minutes being on the ground. If you know who stole your items etc, send me a PM about it.

Also the server is fine, it has recently been restarted, but I did notice you were having connection issues, so I guess it's on your end :/

When you say someone "stole" half of it...was there anyone even near you at the time? As I'm not sure if you're aware that if the chunk is loaded, your items will despawn after 5 minutes being on the ground. If you know who stole your items etc, send me a PM about it.

Also the server is fine, it has recently been restarted, but I did notice you were having connection issues, so I guess it's on your end :/

Yeah I have it working now. I don't fully recall the name but I would automatically recognise it if I was given a list of names on the server. It starts with M I think

I was near to him at the time. Anything that dropped I put back in the chest. (Also repaired your ladder after the creeper blew up) Nothing was stolen, try looking in the water under your base maybe for items.

You kept appearing then disappearing fairly quickly, so I'd say the connection issues were on your end as it was running grand for me.

• Advertisement

welchy wrote: »
    I was near to him at the time. Anything that dropped I put back in the chest. (Also repaired your ladder after the creeper blew up) Nothing was stolen, try looking in the water under your base maybe for items.

You kept appearing then disappearing fairly quickly, so I'd say the connection issues were on your end as it was running grand for me.

Ah I see. Well the 5min timer has passed already so it wouldn't be there anyway. Yeah, I was connecting and disconnecting quite a lot at that time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Ironic. The man who built the jail may be the first prisoner :P

Quiet slacker!! That entrance isn't going to build itself :P

Ah I see. Well the 5min timer has passed already so it wouldn't be there anyway. Yeah, I was connecting and disconnecting quite a lot at that time

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

The DW20 server is severely unstable. Can players there please avoid using ANY Factorization Barrels and try to keep the number of chunkloaders to a bare minimum.

That explains it. I kept disappearing into the map everytime I connected to it and a while after I was given the internal exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.readTimeoutexception error

Solitaire wrote: »
    The DW20 server is severely unstable. Can players there please avoid using ANY Factorization Barrels and try to keep the number of chunkloaders to a bare minimum.

Err...:confused:

Which is the DW20 server? Factorization barrels?

Err...:confused:

Which is the DW20 server? Factorization barrels?

Direwolf 20 I guess...So not the Vanilla one

DW20 is the FTB server

And yeah the console was spewing out errors but other than the barrels I believe it's fine

Biggish hole in the side of one of Rachel Ann's houses. Plus someone's taken a load off torches off my land, I presume creepers spawned which did damage and then that someone did a bad job of repairing the damage.

Whoever is acting the eejit, please cop on to yourself.

• Advertisement

If you want me to check your land, list the coordinates. As for the hole at the side of Rachel's, I guess someone was walking by and a creeper fell of the mountain and exploded on top of someone. Not sure who...yet

If you want me to check your land, list the coordinates. As for the hole at the side of Rachel's, I guess someone was walking by and a creeper fell of the mountain and exploded on top of someone. Not sure who...yet

Nah it's grand about my place, I've fixed it already. I'd just ask whoever thought it was a good idea to not do it again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Nah it's grand about my place, I've fixed it already. I'd just ask whoever thought it was a good idea to not do it again :)
    If I've got the location right, was the railway damaged there too? I saw that and repaired it this morning. Though I'm still open to suggestions about where the railway should go, or if it's even wanted in some places. It seemed like a good idea at the time ... :cool:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

bnt wrote: »
    If I've got the location right, was the railway damaged there too? I saw that and repaired it this morning. Though I'm still open to suggestions about where the railway should go, or if it's even wanted in some places. It seemed like a good idea at the time ... :cool:

Yeah that's where the damage was, someone lifted the torches from that whole area and then mobs started spawning (I assume).

Did something happen to the server? I was playing there for a good while with Pompus and then I got DC saying Server Closed. Tried reconnecting but it says I'm not white-listed on this server?

Same message for me.

Same message for me.

So it isn't just me then.

Attempting to reset the whitelists after they went and borked themselves seems to have broken something. Blame dec :pac:

I guess if it said the server was closed, Dec was probably changing something with the server, but there seems to be some issues with the whitelist right now... looking into it :/

• Advertisement

Re-whitelisting people from the request thread now in reverse order.

Edit: Right ok, I've added anyone that has whitelisted in a good while, and anyone that is listed on the facebook name list. If you're not whitelisted, post here :)

Also...wat
    sLbtZT9.png

Can't remember where I saw that on the server... all I remember is it made me chortle for a bit ^_^

I'm so childish :o

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Killer_Byrne

Not white-listed anymore, what ya going to ju for me? :)

If it's killer_byrne then you're whitelisted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭doddly

doddly10 am i whitelisted

You are now anyway :P

• Advertisement

Teleported to the very center of the world border, and what do I find at that exact point? A tower of pimps...well done darkglasses, you sir, are fantastic

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I too have become unwhitelisted! May I please return?

My liege, it has been done

Holy crap, the world has been embiggened again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Bull_Boy

I leave for a few weeks, and the place goes to pieces.... :P Hehe! May I be whistelisted again please Juju?

• Advertisement

I believe I did, but I shall do it again to be sure to be sure :P

Also yeah, there were no jungles in the current map and I was getting angry phone calls :P

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

I believe I did, but I shall do it again to be sure to be sure :P

Also yeah, there were no jungles in the current map and I was getting angry phone calls :P

Angry phone calls??

*whistles* :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Bull_Boy

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    Angry phone calls??

*whistles* :pac:

Thank you very much Juju. My MC username is Bull_Boy, as if you could ever forget :D

As for the angry calls... Thank goodness we know Rachel is sane and reasonable enough to never ever do such a thing... :p

Perfect timing. Logged onto the server, was night time and I was surrounded by zombies and creepers. Lost all of my inventory and couldn't picked it up after I killed the mobs as the server was acting up.

Hoping to jeebus that I haven't lost anything :(

What time was this?

Edit: I believe the problem is on your end, moving too quickly, moving wrongly, taking too long to log in. Are you using any mods or a different client?

What time was this?

Edit: I believe the problem is on your end, moving too quickly, moving wrongly, taking too long to log in. Are you using any mods or a different client?

This was between 1 and 2pm today. I waited patiently for the map to load when I got log in. Did take a while. Don't have any mods installed. I'm using 1.7.4 version of Minecraft. Would that be a problem which I don't think it should be as it's recent i.e. released in the last 6 months I think.

Well I'm running 1.7.5(I believe) and I'm not having any issues related to yours, maybe make a new profile in that version and see if it works out better, if not update java and see if that helps (doubtful but sure might as well give it a shot!)

Well I'm running 1.7.5(I believe) and I'm not having any issues related to yours, maybe make a new profile in that version and see if it works out better, if not update java and see if that helps (doubtful but sure might as well give it a shot!)

Ok, I'll update Java and let you know!

Anyone using auto spawners and entity grinders on the FTB server could you kindly check that they are set up correctly as they are causing errors.

Also upgraded barrels are giving serious issues. If you know you have some, could you please log on and remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

jamo, were you wearing any armour when you died?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement