Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Pompous wrote: »
    jamo, were you wearing any armour when you died?

Yeah I had a full set. Chest plate was enchanted too. Same with my sword and pickaxe. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    Yeah I had a full set. Chest plate was enchanted too. Same with my sword and pickaxe. Why?

I killed a zombie near your house that was wearing a full set of enchanted armour with an enchanted sword. I'm thinking it might be your stuff?

Can you tell me what your armour and sword were made of, and what the enchantments were?

I killed a zombie near your house that was wearing a full set of enchanted armour with an enchanted sword. I'm thinking it might be your stuff?

Can you tell me what your armour and sword were made of, and what the enchantments were?

Armour was made of diamond. I can't remember exactly what enchantments I had on the sword and the chest plate but I think it was sharpness for the sword and protection for the chestplate.

That's it yeah I have it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

I am no longer whitelisted it seems .... can I be re-listed please?

Username is irishalanl. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Sure thing

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I finished my gum-ball machine looking tower with glass dome (it's at 226 X 282 if anyone wants to see). At last. Why do I keep picking stupidly annoying things to build?

Next step, create a walled village and do something about all those filthy slimes that keep spawning around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you're struggling to find horses, try heading out west to -3000, 0 or so: at least a dozen or so wandering about the place.

300842.png
    300843.png
    300844.png

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Please note that due to brokenness and mods going missing the current FTB server will have to be decommissioned.

We will endeavour to get up a fresh map most likely using Monster 1.1.0 as the modpack of choice.
    Well, at least we will once I manage to pry dec away from work/DOTA :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

As long as it has all the bees, idgaf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Solitaire wrote: »
    Please note that due to brokenness and mods going missing the current FTB server will have to be decommissioned.

We will endeavour to get up a fresh map most likely using Monster 1.1.0 as the modpack of choice.
    Well, at least we will once I manage to pry dec away from work/DOTA :p

Myself and Xeyno are playing monster, and it is so much fun! Much better then DW20.

Also, anyone who does FTB, try Rotarycraft, seem hard to get into but its not that bad, and the extractor is insane!

New FTB Monster 1.1.0 online. IP in OP

The spawn is craptastic as always ^_^

Warning: Mojang punked us all and managed to break ALL OF THE THINGS in the process.

FTB server is down and quite possibly out for good. If it even is fixable users may lose significant amounts of blocks and materials as we're trying to find what part of what mod is breaking all connecting clients. A map reset may be needed, and a modpack change has not been ruled out either.

We cannot even fix the server right now because Mojang killed itself and all legacy support is dead as a doornail for now. Even vanilla is patchy at the moment, as Mojang is constantly fading in and out of existence right now.

It was apparently a problem with minecraft.net it's working fine at the minute

• Advertisement

Player Narkah banned for massive theft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

jujumushu wrote: »

Sometimes you can tell even before it happens. What/who did he rob? Is it permanent?

I knew he wasn't to be trusted since he punched my cat in the face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 evifeno

I knew he wasn't to be trusted since he punched my cat in the face :D

Honestly, who punches a cat? Sheesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Ah the joys of having such a remote house, hidden underground.

• Advertisement

Well in fairness this person stole, blocks of iron, enchanted tools, diamonds, gold, lots of stuff. The culprit was living in the middle of nowhere but deleted all physical evidence that they had the items...he has a pet cat, I might kill it >:|

I think I'll make a graveyard of thieves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

I lost a day to Minecraft. Saturday is gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52 ✭✭Bull_Boy

Carry on, dear sir. Fight the good fight!
    I lost a day to Minecraft. Saturday is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭doddly

what happened my shop

doddly wrote: »
    what happened my shop

What is wrong with your shop?

I assure you any damage I did to the village I repaired. I also posted up what damage I could not fix(2 pistons in someones house)

doddly wrote: »
    what happened my shop

Aww man it's wrecked. At least the items are still there. I'm guessing it was Narkah but hopefully a mod can give you a definite answer.

Aww man it's wrecked. At least the items are still there. I'm guessing it was Narkah but hopefully a mod can give you a definite answer.

I saw it catch fire once from lightning ages ago, I put it out that time, do you think it might have happened again?

Did Shopkeeper Steve survive? :(

I saw it catch fire once from lightning ages ago, I put it out that time, do you think it might have happened again?

Did Shopkeeper Steve survive? :(

I was thinking fire too actually, it does look like fire spread. Plus the shop was mostly made from snow and wood, not exactly fire resistant xD

Steve is dead :( I have a to find a new trading partner now.

RIP Shopkeeper Steve

2014-2014

kwnDc.png

• Advertisement

I'll have a look now

Yeah it would seem that lighting was the cause. I'll keep looking through the logs but it's what it looks like right now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Narkah

I was banned??????? I have no idea why... As far as I know I have broken no rules... I asked about my auto fisher and was told it was fine, is that what this is about? I can easily remove it from my vanilla mod list... And Pompous, I never touched your shop... I don't even know where you live, lol.

Narkah wrote: »
    I was banned??????? I have no idea why... As far as I know I have broken no rules... I asked about my auto fisher and was told it was fine, is that what this is about? I can easily remove it from my vanilla mod list... And Pompous, I never touched your shop... I don't even know where you live, lol.

It's not my shop it's doddly's. Lightning was the cause of the fire, I was just jumping to conclusions by assuming it was you. As for the rest, you'll have to talk to a mod. I am but a lowly citizen.

Narkah you were banned for stealing numerous items from RashersandBeans. I, personally, checked the logs. You moved the items to a chest in your jungle house (the house I personally watched you build) and then you removed the chest you had stored these items in.

He30sdC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Narkah you were banned for stealing numerous items from RashersandBeans. I, personally, checked the logs. You moved the items to a chest in your jungle house (the house I personally watched you build) and then you removed the chest you had stored these items in.

He30sdC.png

BOOM!

Server is down today?

Ok I can't join this server or any other, I get a message saying "Outdated server! I'm still on 1.7.2/1.7.5"

Mine's updated to 1.7.6., what do I do? Wait for the server to update or is there a way of putting myself back a version?

Out at the minute, I'll have a lookiloo when I get home :)

Darkglasses when you open your launcher just edit the profile and choose the correct version and you should be able to connect fine

• Advertisement

Nevermind, found this - https://mojang.com/2014/04/minecraft-1-7-6/
    Unfortunately the 1.7.6 version is not compatible with 1.7.5 (or earlier) servers. Please update your servers to 1.7.6, this is also an important step to prepare them for the upcoming 1.8 release. Servers should automatically update all player profiles to the new format, but please make sure that you are in the correct server mode (online mode/offline mode) when you start the 1.7.6 server for the first time, because profiles are not compatible between these two server modes.

Wouldn't worry about the version dark glasses, I have been running 1.7.6 since I joined the server. Gonna suck if the server is shut down, I just came across an abandoned mineshaft!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Narkah

Uh, juju? The only thing I took from rasher was a pick and a few things, I left my iron in payment... I had let my cousin play a bit, I was wondering if he maybe did it? If you find the items, please return them, and even if you dont unban me for what he did, atleast tell rasher that im sorry for my cousin doing that...

Thanks anyways,
    -Narkah

PS: He said hed been mining, my accs are accesible anytime on my comp, its all saved. He was playing RotMG (Realm of the Mad God), but maybe he was playing MC instead during that time. Whatevs, I guess see ya around.

Narkah it is your responsibility to make sure that if someone plays on your account, that they follow the server rules.

If you are playing on the FTB server, be cautious about taking a better storage backpack with you through the end portal, as it may delete itself. There are chests and beds at the only discovered end portal, which you can use.

• Advertisement

Fúck me. Spent the entire day building a 6x2 drawbridge with this concept

and I just finished it and it doesn't even work! :mad: 1000 solid blocks, 300 redstone wire, 70 repeaters, 100 redstone torches, 20 sticky pistons and 2 pistons and it has taken a lot of effort of building it, not to mention that I had to dig 7 blocks down, remove a section of the lake and clear out a cave. :(

Know the feeling. Very, very frustrating when those things don't work out!

Know the feeling. Very, very frustrating when those things don't work out!

Yeah, I don't what to do with it now. Can't really be bothered to recheck everything so I think I'll try to make something out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

What what what?! The map is being reset?! A welcomed changed! I suggest a non amplified map - all in favour??

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭doddly

When's it being reset? Definitely a non amp server please

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement