Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Renegaid

Yeah, 55 sounds good. And perhaps a 20 minute prep stage. That should be enough time to kit up in some regard. Once 20mins are up, we come to the surface, and begin the round.

Depending on numbers, as a person dies, the remainder should move closer to the center of the island perhaps? Then when its 1v1, they're both close to one another. Alternatively, the center point has food chests, and we're not allowed to get food another way? Each person can be given say 6 steaks at the start of the prep stage. Should be plenty to see us through mining, but eventually need to go to the food crates.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

6 melon slices instead of beef?. Instead of food chests you could have a small melon farm?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'd like that only if there's very few players, like four or less. Otherwise I think maybe we should have to get our own food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Dont make it overly complicated. The mining rule sounds fair enough but i think we should have to find our own food.

Much do Melons regenerate? Half hunger or one? Perhaps carrots? 2 hunger each. And agreed, if there are four or less, this would be ideal. If more, we get our own foods.

Sorry lads can we push this back to Monday night perhaps? Something's come up for me this evening :o

Or feel free to try it out without me, I don't mind at all!

Yeah no problem with me.

Hell the more time we have to get things ironed out the better anyway!

Everyone up for giving HG a shot this evening?

Hunger games starting in 10 minutes!!

GGs everyone, particularly Renegaider who was winning when I left! Also thanks to deconduo for helping!

Next time - a little bit of starter food, and wooden tools?

• Advertisement

Good game everyone! Was alot of fun!

Welchy... you crafty, elusive git haha!

Agreed, tools and bit of food would be ideal. With that number of people, a smaller island would be good too perhaps. Lot of roaming and getting lost at times (also someone birdnesting too!)

Overall fantastic! Thanks to deconduo for being present, and massive thanks for Dark setting up the spawn area!

Till next time!

Yeah we might have to find a new island next time anyway - that one has probably got no iron left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

a little Video from tonights Hunger games, made me giggle!

Sorry about the poor quality recording, still working on getting the balance right.

Well played Ninja Renegaider! And thanks Welchy!

I did keep the one iron as trophy, and it did return back to you. like the One Ring. Mainly due to Welchy's tactical use of Pigman rage, the git haha!

found someones stuff on the island, must be either welchys or renegaider, not much in it but if you want it back its in my hobbit hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Just a question, are we allowed to use mods on the server for Survival? Would like to get the timber mod where when you chop a tree, all blocks fall down instead of chopping every single timber block in the tree. Would that be allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Any mods that make the game easier as such, aren't allowed. However maps are and that technically makes stuff easier...

jujumushu wrote: »
    Any mods that make the game easier as such, aren't allowed. However maps are and that technically makes stuff easier...

So I take it that tree chopping mod isn't allowed then?

Is the Survival server down? Keeps giving me Internal Exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException

• Advertisement

Yeah i just tried to connect and got the same thing. Did some googling and apparently the server needs to be restarted.

Yeah, myself Badam and Lesyo having the same issue. Server broke itself again! Either that or else someone was going loopy with monster spawners!

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    So I take it that tree chopping mod isn't allowed then?

That was what I was implying.

Checking server now

Did you disconnect me on purpose server? :P

No, no I did not

edwwKC2.png

No, no I did not

edwwKC2.png

Still keep disconnecting me and once I log in, it's very laggy. Must be my end I think as everyone seems to logged in alright

• Advertisement

Well I've seen you have this several times so I guess it is just your connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hey guys

Just asked to be white listed for FTB,can anyone tell me what pack its using?

EoinHef wrote: »
    Hey guys

Just asked to be white listed for FTB,can anyone tell me what pack its using?

Running Monster 1.1.0

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Chisel Mod 4life :p

Should we build a wall around the spawn town to keep the mobs out? I remember the last map we had a lava moat :D

• Advertisement

Don't be such a pansy :P

Dont go chasing wolves
    Especially with the Mr bombastic that your used to

TLC

I Chuckled.

I would just like to point out that rule number 1 on the server is "Don't be a dick".

Apparently some of you don't know what this means so take this as a warning. If you don't like someone, you don't have to talk to them, but being rude to people in chat, is not on. The server is for young and old people alike, and is not there for people to be abused verbally.

Also you are all aware that there is a dynmap, and talking behind people's backs is very childish, especially when anyone could be reading the chat online.

On a side note, do not deliberately mess with people with the intention of annoying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Everybody loves a bit a gossip ;)

*Inserting tasteful gossip here*

Gossipgossipgossip.

Myself and Pompus had a field day tonight when we downloaded a texture mod :P
    312815.jpg
    312811.jpg
    312812.jpg
    312813.jpg
    312816.png

The texture file can be downloaded from here if anyone wants to have a look at it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

That sheep... Kill it with fire and magnets. And flaming magnets. And magnetic fire!

Botulism wrote: »
    That sheep... Kill it with fire and magnets. And flaming magnets. And magnetic fire!

The chicken is what concerns me a lot more :o:P

Someone left a hole in the wall around my villagers when I was away. Presume it wasn't any of the regulars on here, but if you're reading this please be more careful, a lot of work has gone into them!

• Advertisement

Was it a creeper or did they just decide the wall looked better with a hole in it?

Pompous wrote: »
    Was it a creeper or did they just decide the wall looked better with a hole in it?

Not sure! There was just one piece of wall and the dirt block below it removed, no other damage visible. Not sure if it was a badly fixed creeper hole or someone just removed it.

There was a well-fixed creeper hole in another corner, thanks to whoever did that :)

That sucks man. If I log on again I'll surround your village with cats.

Sure it wasn't an enderman? If you give me co-ords I can check the block to be sure to be sure

Sure it wasn't an enderman? If you give me co-ords I can check the block to be sure to be sure

Pretty positive, it also removed the stone wall on top of the dirt block, which I don't think endermen can move.

Nah don't check it, I'm sure it was just an accident really!

Pomp,

something happened with your cattle tonight, they got out and roamed all over the place, i had to kill a good few of em and then fixed your fence and started them mating again, your probably at 3/4 full now. i left the steak and leather in a chest in your beacon room, im sure you will hear the full story tomorrow off whoever...

Pomp,

something happened with your cattle tonight, they got out and roamed all over the place, i had to kill a good few of em and then fixed your fence and started them mating again, your probably at 3/4 full now. i left the steak and leather in a chest in your beacon room, im sure you will hear the full story tomorrow off whoever...

Thanks man, kill them all if you like ;)

Pompous wrote: »
    Thanks man, kill them all if you like ;)

where are all your cats and cattle gone pomp?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Why the sudden departure Pomp? :(

• Advertisement

welchy wrote: »
    Why the sudden departure Pomp? :(

Yeah I was going to ask too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement