Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Co-ords?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Sugar is in the chest by the nether hub portal (overworld side). Sign was written when I met bland in the nether, broke it since.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

it's always fun to play with dynamite. It's never fun to light a fuse and wonder where the boom is and if it's going to happen.

Anyway, a clearance project is underway beside my weird towerey castley thing. I have no idea what I'll build there, but I shall busy myself none the less.

Starting a new single player adventure tonight, inspires by the cobble haters series. Cannot break any stone blocks by hand or tool. Can only be acquired by creeper blasts or tnt.

Edit: Also doing it in hardcore mode, as I've never played it before

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

Anyone get to the bottom of what Bland is doing? Volcano-thingy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Just tried to play and met with a 3 minute lag thanks to my phone's internet. Nope nope nope.
    Man I hate living in a rural ****hole.

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    Just tried to play and met with a 3 minute lag thanks to my phone's internet. Nope nope nope.
    Man I hate living in a rural ****hole.

West of the Shannon dude :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

West of the Shannon dude :P

West of the Styx more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    I've been to the bottom, literally, but as for what it's for ... no idea. Bland could at least put up a sign, or something ..? :pac:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

He's obviously building a whale tank...</meanInJoke>

• Advertisement

lol you're mean! The interesting thing is that you can see it on the dynamap even when you're fully zoomed out. Tis' a biggin' I tell ya!

Starting a new single player adventure tonight, inspires by the cobble haters series. Cannot break any stone blocks by hand or tool. Can only be acquired by creeper blasts or tnt.

Edit: Also doing it in hardcore mode, as I've never played it before

Still alive, and recently found a desert temple, snagged the tnt so I've finally got some cobblestone to get my furnaces up and running. The main obstacle I have now is that I have to get all my iron and diamonds from caving, which ain't easy. I slightly miss not even having the furnace, that was pretty fun :D

Could an admin please take a look at the chest with the enchanted books in my stall at spawn? Thanks

Rain rain rain in Dublin :(

Only thing for it.... Minecraft! :D

Rain rain rain in Dublin :(

Only thing for it.... Minecraft! :D

Yay! I'll be on again later :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Has anyone ever spoken to bland? I'm starting to believe he is a minebot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Doesn't he use teamspeak instead of the ingame chat?

WHO TOOK HAMISH?? :(

welchy wrote: »
    WHO TOOK HAMISH?? :(

WHAT! I demand answers! Heads will roll.... >:|

• Advertisement

I went for a look last time I was on and didn't see no sheep...

Reward offered for the return of Hamish Sheepsly. White, fluffy, enjoys dark caves and watersports. Last seen in his plaza pen at spawn. :(

...Reward?! :eek:

Sure, I got a sheep...I got all kindsa sheep..

Found him, he's spelunking in pomp's basement :rolleyes:

Could an admin please take a look at the chest with the enchanted books in my stall at spawn? Thanks

If there's any admin still playing this, could they check this please?

Books disappearing?

• Advertisement

Right well Hamish is alright anyway. We've also got Deirdre too should anyone be passing by!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It appears that the most recently whitelisted person on the server chose to "pay" with speed potions and slimeballs instead of iron ingots.

They then proceeded to rob all the ender pearls :rolleyes:

slimefaceboy, I don't suppose you have anything to say for yourself in this matter?

Who let all my cows out? For ****'s sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Solitaire wrote: »
    slimefaceboy, I don't suppose you have anything to say for yourself in this matter?

Perfect name for his crimes! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Says slimefaceavatar :p

If he has nothing to say I'll just de-whitelist him, haven't seen any sign of him since the incident anyway...

• Advertisement

Don't suppose he has the ender dragon egg in his inventory too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Solitaire wrote: »
    Says slimefaceavatar :p

Oh sh1t! They're onto me!

pta-disband.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

I'd be interested in a UHC game or coordinating with others on a UHC server some time if people are up for it.
    For the uninitiated Ultra Hardcore has no natural health regen. Only way to get back health is golden apples or potions. And a single solitary life. You die, you're out, until map reset. Hunger games just seems like easy mode.
    Yeah UHC would be cool, although the uninitiated might be really in the deep end...and do you know where we could get a server for it?

I've been messing around with craftbukkit and the UHC plugin for the last few days. I have a server up and running with UHC available. The plugin I am using has the following:

Hearts don't regenerate from a full stomach.
    Players can heal with a golden apple, which heals 2 hearts.
    Players can brew Instant Health potions using glistering melons, crafted with a gold block.
    Most servers also have golden heads, which are crafted like golden apples, but with a player head instead of an apple; these (usually) heal 4 hearts when eaten. Player heads are dropped when they die.
    Notch apples (crafted with 8 gold blocks) are usually disabled on most servers.
    Regeneration potions are disabled because ghasts will drop gold ingots instead of ghast tears

If anyone is interested, we could try and organise a game, see how it works out.
    If my server/broadband is too laggy, there are a ton of servers on the reddit UHC site that could be used. I suppose we should first get an idea of how many people would be interested in playing.

http://mojang.com/2014/10/minecraft-1-8-1-pre-release-1/

1.8.1 pre-release is out \o/

I can feel the choppy-ness decreasing already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Shiminay wrote: »
    He's obviously building a whale tank...</meanInJoke>

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH

Soooo...apparently sleeping in a bed doesn't stop rain anymore? Not a great start for the Microsoft takeover...

Started playing on 1.8.1 pre release 2, and yeah, definitely less choppy. Otherwise very little to report.

Woo! Just found my first ocean monument in single player :)

f87c9c55ce6812edcbaac366122f8890ee3608c8aba47135e4c22815c0260dcb.jpg

I just logged in and was immediately presented with the "you're dead" screen. Respawned and there's no sign of all my diamond armour, my enchanted tools and weapons or all the stone bricks I was building with.

Shenanigans are most certainly afoot. Does anyone know what the frak happened or how I can get my stuff back? If it's gone and I can't get it back, then I'm done with Minecraft for another while, I have no interest in having to re-mine for a week to get my resources back.

• Advertisement

I just logged in and was immediately presented with the "you're dead" screen. Respawned and there's no sign of all my diamond armour, my enchanted tools and weapons or all the stone bricks I was building with.

Shenanigans are most certainly afoot. Does anyone know what the frak happened or how I can get my stuff back? If it's gone and I can't get it back, then I'm done with Minecraft for another while, I have no interest in having to re-mine for a week to get my resources back.

You've been logged-in and dead for like the last 3 days. When you looked at the dynamap it would show you at your base with 0 hearts.

Wat??!?!?

How could this be? I last logged in on Saturday I think, but definitely logged out as the machine was powered down.

Wat??!?!?

How could this be? I last logged in on Saturday I think, but definitely logged out as the machine was powered down.

No idea mate, sorry! Even when I was in the game and pressed tab it would show as online. Went over to your base to see if I could find any of your stuff but it must have de-spawned already.

Well fk.

OK, that's my Minecrafting done till we roll out a 1.8.X world, I've no interest in starting again.

Well fk.

OK, that's my Minecrafting done till we roll out a 1.8.X world, I've no interest in starting again.

Maybe we should just make the leap now?

Maybe we should just make the leap now?

Actually, remind me what we'd be missing if we changed to 1.8 now? Like what do we actually use Bukkit for...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Actually, remind me what we'd be missing if we changed to 1.8 now? Like what do we actually use Bukkit for...

Bukkit makes managing a server and it's related plugins a lot easier. It's not essential though and I'm on a couple of servers that decided to not wait for the update and go ahead with 1.8.x From my point of view things are rosy but I don't know what extra workload the mods have to cope with.

Well the main issues are those around theft of gear and damage to buildings. I don't think there are too many of us who'd be dickhead enough to rob from one another.

Well the main issues are those around theft of gear and damage to buildings. I don't think there are too many of us who'd be dickhead enough to rob from one another.

Yeah! It's barely happened on the last server. If we want to we could tighten up requirements to get on the whitelist, but I'm not even sure if that's necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

Yeah! It's barely happened on the last server. If we want to we could tighten up requirements to get on the whitelist, but I'm not even sure if that's necessary.

Ender chest at spawn could protect the majority of your hard to obtain gear until you can craft one yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement